Stores in IL, CHI, STL, IA, MO, WI, IN, areas for amps?

So I've been posting asking about opinions on different amps lately. I really need to just go try some stuff out. I live in Peoria, IL. Looking for some suggestions for stores to try out amps in the Chicago or St. Louis area. Or anywhere a few hours driving distance from central IL. Looking to try out modern high gain amps. Engl, Bogner, Diezel, Peters, Fortin Randalls,VHT, whatever. Stores that carry that kind of stuff in stock.
Thanks.

Eddie's guitars in St. Louis is THE high end gear shop in the area. You will have to call for an appointment, they will stare you down and rape your soul when you walk in but once you make it through the gauntlet the gear they have is amazing and the sales guy is cool and more than helpful.

Make'n Music in the Chicago area is pretty good. http://www.makenmusic.com/

Fryette really isn't stocked anywhere as a new product. Buying used, it's a crapshoot on where you might find it.

You can always go to Sweetwater itself in Fort Wayne, IN for the stuff they hold in stock. I've always wanted to check that out.

Maken Music - north of Chicago
Chicago Music Exchange- Chicago
Goodtime Music - Streamwood
Midwest Buy and Sell - Chicago
Music Gallery - Highland Park
Flores Music - Peoria ;)

Update- most of those places won't have the types of amps you mentioned.

The Upper Bout in Champaign stocks the new Mesa models. Mark V, V:25 and V:35, had some Express combos.

I've never been able to find amps around here. High-end guitars aren't an issue, but finding amplifiers to demo is rough.

My profile says I'm in San Diego, but I'm actually about an hour out from Peoria currently.

CaseyCor":24zui8up said:
The Upper Bout in Champaign stocks the new Mesa models. Mark V, V:25 and V:35, had some Express combos.

I've never been able to find amps around here. High-end guitars aren't an issue, but finding amplifiers to demo is rough.

My profile says I'm in San Diego, but I'm actually about an hour out from Peoria currently.
Cool thanks. If you ever get a chance to get to Peoria, Flores Music is a full Mesa dealer and has a few other decent amps in stock. They carry a hand full of different guitar lines as well.

Distinctive Guitar in Milwaukee is cool but might not be your thing if you're specifically looking for modern high gain.

Last time I was there they had a Friedman SS100, 20th Anniversary Shiva and Helios, Suhr SL67 and 68 and some cool Knaggs guitars and Suhr guitars among others. Cool shop and thought I'd mention it anyway.

sweetwater doesnt have much boutique in stock, dont bother there, youd be better off stopping by my place lmao.

ive had such a hard time in Ft Wayne Ive considered opening my own shop.

Eddies Guitars in St Louis. You will need to make an appointment. They carry tons of high end gear. They can be a little snooty...

Back