Suggestion to create a new section

MadAsAHatter

Been noticing a lot of discussions about bands and music and such that aren't really OTC but not exactly gear related either. A lot of people including myself like talking about music as well as the gear. I'm putting out the suggestion to create a new section for talking about all this and separate it out from the gear related topics.

... or to be politically-correct, "Fallen Brothers and Sisters".

I like the idea myself. Will pass this on to Admin. :thumbsup:

OK, the new sub-forum's gonna appear in the "Rig Talk Discussions" area, between the theory and HCAF sub-forums, so last sub-forum before the OT stuff.

I opted not to have it placed in OTC 'cause some peeps never look in there.

Done.

I've moved 13 threads there and placed a sticky to explain the general thinking - only tributes and threads made during the lead-ups (if any) and subsequent to members' passing.

I included one where Steve K posted gig pics 11 years ago; it can be its own tribute.

Hope you guys like it.

Done.

I've moved 13 threads there and placed a sticky to explain the general thinking - only tributes and threads made during the lead-ups (if any) and subsequent to members' passing.

I included one where Steve K posted gig pics 11 years ago; it can be its own tribute.

Hope you guys like it.

I think it will be good to have a dedicated section to remember our fallen brethren and think back on the good times. Though it is one sub-forum I sincerely hope would not have a lot of activity with new threads (for the obvious reasons).

I know there was some confusion on how to go about doing a donation collection when Dan passed. Was anyone was able to get info on how to set something like that up (gofundme, etc.)? Would probably be good to put some info on that in the sticky for future reference. Hopefully it's not something that would be needed anytime soon though.

Back