Suhr Gotoh Floyd question

memberzonly

Hi All,

Just got my standard with a Gotoh Floyd and had a question about the trem bar. I know that I can adjust the play of the bar via the allen screw on the collar but is the bar height itself adjustable?

In other words the height of the bar once inserted into the collar is too high. Do I need to get another arm and grind it down to get the correct height for me?

Thanks!!

I believe the arm is internally threaded, so grinding it down might lessen its functionality.

Silly question: Are you tightening the arm all the way down? This should lower it a bit.

Good luck!
tyler

I would think that gently bending the bar could be the easiest solution... it should get the business-end of it to where you want it. There´s always the chance you´ll snap it, of course, but it´s something people do with their bars from time to time. A friend of mine always tweaks his bars to get them away from the body a bit, for example. Google around, and I´m sure you´ll find different ways to do it.

Dont bend the bar !
You don't have the bar screwed in, this isn't like a Floyd arm.
It is threaded in the center of the arm and the screw is in the bottom of the female barrel.
Screw it all the way down until it stops clockwise, then back out one full turn and adjust the set screw on the collar to taste.

Back