Suhr modern pro

Beandust

Loving it thus far,received it 3/22/2016, as Suhr mentioned the coloring has diminished to almost non existing.Super friendly and genuine help from Suhr with a rapid response.

Beandust":3mjd485s said:
Ok,I have been admiring the Suhr builds for a while,played a couple a few months back and was on board,finally made the plunge,Modern pro bengal burst with a pau ferro fretboard, sounds awsome,this is a well made instrument..I am getting black fingertips..never had this before,is it a reaction or is it oil from a new fretboard?, is this normal,any help or experience would help me relax. .please help..
I have personally had black fingertips when playing a lot, probably a reaction to strings or frets and the acid in the hands. We don't use dye so it isn't that.
Now it could be some left over residual buffing compound, if you have some lemon oil or better yet some fingerboard oil try cleaning the fingerboard with a white cloth and the fingerboard oil.

After the honeymoon,guitar has a super fast neck,very good feel..volume pot had zero taper,does not clean up,could be the pick ups,but seeing have other medium/high output pickups I would have to say it's the pot.I was incorrect,it is the way the pot is designed to function,

Beandust":ij2h7vid said:
Beandust":ij2h7vid said:
After the honeymoon,guitar has a super fast nec,very good feel..volume pot had zero taper,does not clean up,could be the pick ups,but seeing have other medium/high output pickups I would have to say it's the pot.There is a dead spot in the turn as well,goes from 0 to 1 and a half no volume then at 2 it's super loud and pretty much sounds the same at any volume unless the amp is on the clean channel.A huge disappointment after all the suhr guitars I have seen and admired.Bought this guitar brand new and I have not bought a brand new guitar in a long time..I guess 2850 gets new with some issues these days..I guess now I can research volume pots and order some
I should just buy used,as I hate doing this.I hate contacting a builder about anything,i am not good at it,and I don't work for Suhr guitars,so having to contact them.invest more of my time.To me this is an expense,my time has value.So I don't know what to do anymore.It's pathetic is all I can say,and that's about as nice as can be.Maybe it's just sheer bad luck and I got the 1 in 3k guitars with a 2 cent volume pot,who knows and I'd bet no one cares,as me resulting to a thread is an effort to anyone considering buying new..Internet is great until you need service then it's time to spend your time and money to get results...This experience will keep me away from buying new or something I can't action on without work.From the uncleaned fretboard to the faulty pot.WOW,no thanks

Why don't you stop your whining and give them a call/email. If there is a problem, they'll sort it out...that's what they are known for. Excellent customer service. Going to a message board to bitch about it isn't going to help your cause.

Beandust":2r2p4he6 said:
Tone Zone":2r2p4he6 said:
After the honeymoon,guitar has a super fast nec,very good feel..volume pot had zero taper,does not clean up,could be the pick ups,but seeing have other medium/high output pickups I would have to say it's the pot.There is a dead spot in the turn as well,goes from 0 to 1 and a half no volume then at 2 it's super loud and pretty much sounds the same at any volume unless the amp is on the clean channel.A huge disappointment after all the suhr guitars I have seen and admired.Bought this guitar brand new and I have not bought a brand new guitar in a long time..I guess 2850 gets new with some issues these days..I guess now I can research volume pots and order some
I should just buy used,as I hate doing this.I hate contacting a builder about anything,i am not good at it,and I don't work for Suhr guitars,so having to contact them.invest more of my time.To me this is an expense,my time has value.So I don't know what to do anymore.It's pathetic is all I can say,and that's about as nice as can be.Maybe it's just sheer bad luck and I got the 1 in 3k guitars with a 2 cent volume pot,who knows and I'd bet no one cares,as me resulting to a thread is an effort to anyone considering buying new..Internet is great until you need service then it's time to spend your time and money to get results...This experience will keep me away from buying new or something I can't action on without work.From the uncleaned fretboard to the faulty pot.WOW,no thanks

Why don't you stop your whining and give them a call/email. If there is a problem, they'll sort it out...that's what they are known for. Excellent customer service. Going to a message board to bitch about it isn't going to help your cause.
Opinions may differ,I don't feel like it,if I did I wouldn't need your help doing so.Had I seen any post such as this i wouldn't have the guitar,never had blackened fingers from a new guitar and then be offered the advice that I could clean it" that being said theno a faulty pot let's me know one thing,the dude doing the final inspection is over paid or overworked,not my job to figure out which...had someone made an effort to re-think the fact that maybe this guitar received a poor final inspection would be worth a thought and effort from suhr, but i guess as you and they see it,it's my job to inform them,or as I mentioned.do their job and manage the problem solving,sorry I don't see it that way..and thinking it's my responsibility to tell them they have issues is maybe why they exis in the 1st place.So I guess I shouldn't bitch as you put it or wine,,maybe I shouldn't buy a new guitar and have anything to bitch about.People with the thoughts of thinking it's ok to buy something brand new for 3k and have problems and think"oh it's ok,I will just contact them and jump thru hoops so it can be fixed.Wake up!I did contact them,but you knew that right genious?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

More bitching and more whining .....how's that working out for ya?? :LOL: :LOL:

Tone Zone":15mzney8 said:
Beandust":15mzney8 said:
Tone Zone":15mzney8 said:

Opinions may differ,I don't feel like it,if I did I wouldn't need your help doing so.Had I seen any post such as this i wouldn't have the guitar,never had blackened fingers from a new guitar and then be offered the advice that I could clean it" that being said theno a faulty pot let's me know one thing,the dude doing the final inspection is over paid or overworked,not my job to figure out which...had someone made an effort to re-think the fact that maybe this guitar received a poor final inspection would be worth a thought and effort from suhr, but i guess as you and they see it,it's my job to inform them,or as I mentioned.do their job and manage the problem solving,sorry I don't see it that way..and thinking it's my responsibility to tell them they have issues is maybe why they exis in the 1st place.So I guess I shouldn't bitch as you put it or wine,,maybe I shouldn't buy a new guitar and have anything to bitch about.People with the thoughts of thinking it's ok to buy something brand new for 3k and have problems and think"oh it's ok,I will just contact them and jump thru hoops so it can be fixed.Wake up!I did contact them,but you knew that right genious?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

More bitching and more whining .....how's that working out for ya?? :LOL: :LOL:
They have contacted me,so now you can go argue with someone else,sorry

Back