Suhr Tele Kitchen Sink Surf CLIP

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 41329&q=hi

Here’s the first fairly complete idea I recorded with my new Suhr Tele - on the obviously Tele sounding melodic parts here. The distorted rhythm guitars are my EBMM Morse hitting a Friedman Hairy Brown Eye Egnater module. The Bari is an Ernie Ball set up for A tuning. Speaker for all is the Scumback 100 watt. Pedals are XTS OD for Tele hitting Egnater B’Man B channel or clean with Keely Comp to the A channel for the harmonized melodic stuff. The Bari hits Tonefreak Melo Trem for some surf action. Oh, and I forgot my Gretsch 6120 is in there hitting the Keely Comp to Egnater VOX A channel.

Probably too much crap, but it sure was fun! I’ll have to re-mix when my ears recover with some Axe FX or Eclipse verbs for the final mix. This is more TV Musak in the surf category.

myclassict005-1.jpg

Sounds great, John! :thumbsup: Really liked the loopiness of the main melodic line. Not the typical surf stuff. That was fun listening.

Thanks guys,

Ed, this is for a NY TV producer who actually has use for some wackier surf rock stuff as long as it doesn’t stray too far out of the box. Fun challenge sometimes. On the Tele, it is one of the most expressive instruments I’ve ever owned. It was fun to do all the whole Tele melody fingerstyle actually. I was surprised the guitar had enough snap and articulation to keep up with Friedman’s Hairy Brown Eye’s that I had panned wide on either side (and mixed pretty hot) as well as the heavy baritone guitar. I have the Tele action up pretty high so I can snap the heck out of it. Really pluckin it hard here. Amazing geetar!

:rock:

Back