Synergy amp booth vid from namm

van hellion

So i did some demo, booth monkey jamming for my friends at synergy amps. These things are really cool, here I'm going straight into the Bman (baseman) module with only a wampler ethereal in the effects loop. It sounds super authentic to proper tele chicken picked shred! guitar is my sig model Suhr.

what you boys think of the tone?

A Wood

van hellion":20dftqsw said:

So i did some demo, booth monkey jamming for my friends at synergy amps. These things are really cool, here I'm going straight into the Bman (baseman) module with only a wampler ethereal in the effects loop. It sounds super authentic to proper tele chicken picked shred! guitar is my sig model Suhr.

what you boys think of the tone?

A Wood

Can I just say I love you :rock: Unreal as always!!!!1

I hope that Synergy really takes off. It's the evolution of a great idea, and in consideration of who's involved, should sound killer. Every demo I've heard suggests that, too, especially this one... Killer sound, killer playing! Thanks for posting this!

ChurchHill":2kv6an4i said:
I hope that Synergy really takes off. It's the evolution of a great idea, and in consideration of who's involved, should sound killer. Every demo I've heard suggests that, too, especially this one... Killer sound, killer playing! Thanks for posting this!

It’s some really cool stuff.

For me, I can’t see spending $800-$900 just for the 1 space rack unit to house two modules. I could see $100-$200. Then you have to pay $500 for each module. That’s crazy expensive all in for a rack preamp. Because of that, I refuse to participate.

psychodave":1gzhdz71 said:
ChurchHill":1gzhdz71 said:

For me, I can’t see spending $800-$900 just for the 1 space rack unit to house two modules. I could see $100-$200. Then you have to pay $500 for each module. That’s crazy expensive all in for a rack preamp. Because of that, I refuse to participate.

A Diezel VH4 is is over 4k. With this system, you can pick up the SYN-1, and the VH4 module, connect it to your combo or head, and you have yourself a VH4 for 900 bucks. I have tested the the VH4 A/B with the Synergy system, its no different, it IS a VH4. Samething with a DS and BE. The upfront cost is indeed expensive, and I can see how that would detour buyers.

For me, my personal choice is using the SYN-2, the 5050 in mono, with the Morgan and SLO mods. Running an MXR EQ in the loop. This system will run about 3k. Still so much cheep than getting a Morgan, and a SLO 100 out right. With the added addition of the other mods...this is truly worth the price.

chondroguitars":3kly3usc said:
psychodave":3kly3usc said:
ChurchHill":3kly3usc said:

A Diezel VH4 is is over 4k. With this system, you can pick up the SYN-1, and the VH4 module, connect it to your combo or head, and you have yourself a VH4 for 900 bucks. I have tested the the VH4 A/B with the Synergy system, its no different, it IS a VH4. Samething with a DS and BE. The upfront cost is indeed expensive, and I can see how that would detour buyers.

For me, my personal choice is using the SYN-2, the 5050 in mono, with the Morgan and SLO mods. Running an MXR EQ in the loop. This system will run about 3k. Still so much cheep than getting a Morgan, and a SLO 100 out right. With the added addition of the other mods...this is truly worth the price.

this is a cool angle. Shawn Tubbs (monster player) uses it into the return of his Bella (clean amp) and thus turning a 1 channel baseman like clean amp into a 3 channel amp

lots of flexibility here!

A Wood

If you use the Syn 2 just to add channels to another amp, do you need to use a poweramp for that?

Econ":1lrhxdt7 said:
If you use the Syn 2 just to add channels to another amp, do you need to use a poweramp for that?

What is meant here, is that you use the Synergy with a seperate amp that has an in-built FX loop, the Synergy being placed within that loop.
In that case you are using the amps own power section.

Exactly. Ok, so no poweramp needed if used that way. Thinking about adding a Syn 2 to my Shiva 20th. The SLO module and maybe the Friedman new module could be a rad combo.

Fret King":1zhon22v said:
Econ":1zhon22v said:

What is meant here, is that you use the Synergy with a seperate amp that has an in-built FX loop, the Synergy being placed within that loop.
In that case you are using the amps own power section.
Right, for this to work, your amp MUST have an FX loop. I will say this, not all will work though. I can confirm the Peavey 5150II will not work with the Synergy system. Or at least not the one I have. It will work for the EVH 5150III though. I also want to point out that you DONT LOSE the ability to to use the amp that you are connecting to Synergy. Your adding to it. The footswitch has a bypass button that when activated, bypasses the Synergy system are renegades the amp it is connected to it.

As a dealer of Synergy, I cant tell you guys how amazing this amp system is. When I found out about it, I needed to know more. Once I heard it, and seen what they plan to do this this line, as well as who is coming on board....I wanted in, and that Engl Savage, MY GOD!

Great! Wondering what other modules will be added. The Engl savage is also iin my radar.

Econ":2j0qphng said:
Great! Wondering what other modules will be added. The Engl savage is also iin my radar.
Summer NAMM will have some amazing stuff coming out for this system. The Engl ships to dealers in Feb, but will be released March 1st I believe.

Back