Synergy Module Appreciation Thread - Including MTS, Egnater & Custom Modules

I just got the SYN30 head with Engl Powerball module, a quick clip below. Still tweaking and getting used to it, it sounds quite good, different feel from my EVH head, maybe not as big sounding.

Straight badassery right there :love:

Anyone know how the old Randall MTS modules stack up to the Synergy ones? Are any of the Randall ones still worth picking up or has Synergy pretty much replaced everything? Kind of curios about the Mr. Scary & Kirk Hammett modules.

I just picked up a Randall RM100. Of course I'm now looking for certain modules like the Mr. Scary and Brahma. I'm also looking at the Salvation Camerock. One question I have is can I use the Synergy modules in my RM100 or does the amp need any kind of mod to accept them. Thanks guys.

You can play the modules in the RM100 but it will only play one channel . Can't remember which one . I went with the Egnater m4 and can play both sides of 4 modules with midi control but there's no effects loop.

I have to admit I have an SLO 100 sitting under my SLO module and both of them sound exactly the same . The only problem is with the modules is you lose some of the eq's or tonal switches compared to owning the heads.

Synergy will work with the RM100, but like Panhead said you only get access to one channel of the module. There's a switch on the module PCB that lets you pick the channel.

Not all modules have this switch on pcb , metroplex , deliverance don t
Ahhh!! I thought I typed MOST modules have the switch. Thanks for catching that.
Probably need to contact Synergy or get user feedback to find out which ones do and don't have the switch since it's not in the manual. I know the Savage does have the switch and Pittbull does not.

Isn't there a mod you can do to the RM100 to make it be able to use both channels of a module?

You can but I don't think it was as cost effective as selling my RM4 and getting the Egnater . The egnaters are hard to find though The best setup would be 2 or more of the SYN-2's but that would be pricy .

PXL_20220129_015606489.jpg

Also have the uberschall and ecstasy modules currently loaded in my syn1 and syn30 combo.

I just got the SYN30 head with Engl Powerball module, a quick clip below. Still tweaking and getting used to it, it sounds quite good, different feel from my EVH head, maybe not as big sounding.

@acev that sounds killer. What chorus did you use & what speakers in the cab? And you say your EVH sounds fuller; the 50? ...I wish the Syn-30 had a thump knob, but I guess that could be solved with an EQ in the loop.

Great playing & tone.

I ordered a Matchvox 2.0 from Salvation Mods a week or so ago. They said lead time was about 4 weeks. I have an actual DC-30, so it'll be interesting to compare.

I ordered a Matchvox 2.0 from Salvation Mods a week or so ago. They said lead time was about 4 weeks. I have an actual DC-30, so it'll be interesting to compare.
I've kinda been interested in some of their mods. How do you go about ordering something from them? Do you need to provide a donor module?

I've kinda been interested in some of their mods. How do you go about ordering something from them? Do you need to provide a donor module?
I emailed them (email in their contact page), and I'm not providing a donor module. I suspect they accept orders without a donor module if they have any available in their shop.

The first time I emailed requesting info I got no response for quite some time, then I emailed again and got an immediate response. Then I sent an email with my order requesting a paypal invoice. Again, no response for days on the first attempt, then on the second one I got the invoice right away.

Be interested to hear what you think. The signature sound of Voxes and their spin-offs rely significantly more on their output sections that say a Marshall or high gainer. I have a JF Vox module, can't remember the name - sounds good but it's a pretty simple preamp. Plugged into an EL34 power amp it's not really Voxy at all, despite the cool faceplate and chicken head knobs.

I think this is why the platform is limiting, and generally only good for one particular family of tones - unless you have multiple power amp options of course.

I emailed them (email in their contact page), and I'm not providing a donor module. I suspect they accept orders without a donor module if they have any available in their shop.

The first time I emailed requesting info I got no response for quite some time, then I emailed again and got an immediate response. Then I sent an email with my order requesting a paypal invoice. Again, no response for days on the first attempt, then on the second one I got the invoice right away.
I sincerley wish you luck with this. For years they've been are notorious for not responding at all, or taking months longer than quoted to complete an order. I have tried a few of their modules, and whilst they sound good, no better than Jaded Faith who are awesome to deal with.

Synergy is interesting and very psychological . In my remotely vast world of rock and roll I have of course been an amp man , but I've had some of the synergy modules sitting 2 feet away from the actual amp and defy anyone to tell me they can tell the difference . However that being said The amount of redundancy in different modules is huge . You get a new module your excited about and in 15 seconds you have it dialed into 3 other modules you own . I'm really not complaining because the amp and preamp world really is Marshall based so it makes sense . The other part of the equation is that my Synergy rig can hang with anything at 1/3 of the price but when you're standing in front of it playing basement arena rockstar --you don't have your favorite stack behind you running wide open !!!!

@acev that sounds killer. What chorus did you use & what speakers in the cab? And you say your EVH sounds fuller; the 50? ...I wish the Syn-30 had a thump knob, but I guess that could be solved with an EQ in the loop.

Great playing & tone.
Thanks !

Synergy Powerball module was a bit darker than EVH, I think I prefer the EVH sound wise.

Speakers are G12-65 in Engl 2x12 and V30 in 1x12 cab. 1x12 Cab is wet, Engl is dry. Chorus is a Boss MD-500.

Back