Synergy Module Appreciation Thread - Including MTS, Egnater & Custom Modules

having played many egnater, randall, and synergy modules, i went back to the source; the venerated egnater ie4 preamp, for 2 fendery cleans and 2 somewhat darker vintage marshally channels, and supplemented it with a syn 2 loaded with a randall top boost (ac30) module for low gain rhythm and chime, and a SL+ (hot modded marshall) module for more presence and edge than the eggie offers. both modules are single channel and very simple and straight forward. here's a run through of my current tones:

i do think the uberschall, dirty shirley, and MIICP are super fun!

Like it ! So much good sounds .
mahalo! pretty happy with that core range of fender/vox/marshall sounds. that was a DI recording (no power amp or speakers) using the headphone out of the rocktron rack interface with its analog cab emulation circuit from the 90s! i dabbled with the iridium ir thing and ada gcs box attempting to improve/ update the cab options, but came back to the rocktron.

i recently got my lexicon pcm80 back so it’s even more rack fun now!

I love the Synergy stuff. I have the 50w head and the 30w combo.
Glad you dig yours! ...We talked about doing another Ampfest in DFW a few weeks ago; would love to hear that one again.

I'm really interested in the Syn-50. Some have said they don't like its power section compared to some others, so they think the modules don't do as well in the head, though the head is a better approach than the rack, I think.

I'm thinking of grabbing the Syn-50 and just going with one module, for now, to keep costs down. I've got a Splawn & BFG modded head, so maybe a different flavor like the MkIIC+ or Pitbull.

Just my 2-cents on the Synergy 50 head. My local shop here in the DFW area (Guitar Sanctuary) is now a Synergy dealer, and I was able to go in a check it out. The SLO module blew me away. All the "greasy" tone you could want and was very easy to play under the fingers. Although I was the only person in the amp room, I purposelly did not crank it as I wanted to know can these modules still sound good at apt/bedroom levels. They absolutely do! Of course, turning the volume up just made them sweeter and fuller, but even at very moderate levels, you knew you were still playing a dynamic tube amp. I really liked the Friedman HBE, and Diezel VH2 modules as well...and just as others have said, they do maintain their individual characteristics. The Vai module must be my favorite as its so forgiving and easy to play on...a very pleasant tone you could play for hours and not get ear fatigue. The Deliverance module was cool, but very bass heavy...really had to roll that bass off to not be so tubby. (All of this was played through the Synergy 2x12 cab...which much to my delight is just like the Friedman 2x12 with the little port on the back side that really helps the cab have some awesome room "chuff") A Synergy setup is definetly the way to go if your limited on space/funds and really want a variety of tones. Hopefully, this kind of modular setup will really take and off and expand more module variety.

Just my 2-cents on the Synergy 50 head. My local shop here in the DFW area (Guitar Sanctuary) is now a Synergy dealer, and I was able to go in a check it out. The SLO module blew me away. All the "greasy" tone you could want and was very easy to play under the fingers. Although I was the only person in the amp room, I purposelly did not crank it as I wanted to know can these modules still sound good at apt/bedroom levels. They absolutely do! Of course, turning the volume up just made them sweeter and fuller, but even at very moderate levels, you knew you were still playing a dynamic tube amp. I really liked the Friedman HBE, and Diezel VH2 modules as well...and just as others have said, they do maintain their individual characteristics. The Vai module must be my favorite as its so forgiving and easy to play on...a very pleasant tone you could play for hours and not get ear fatigue. The Deliverance module was cool, but very bass heavy...really had to roll that bass off to not be so tubby. (All of this was played through the Synergy 2x12 cab...which much to my delight is just like the Friedman 2x12 with the little port on the back side that really helps the cab have some awesome room "chuff") A Synergy setup is definetly the way to go if your limited on space/funds and really want a variety of tones. Hopefully, this kind of modular setup will really take and off and expand more module variety.
The Syn50 head is better than the Syn30 combo, which doesn't have the global master, and which has a fixed resonance (which on the head I keep mostly turned off). Like everything, unless you are going for super square wave high gain, they respond to having good glass.

I think the Syn50 power section to be VERY good. But I like the even tonal response of the 6L6 platform. Again, GOOD GLASS (both big and small bottles) goes a LONG way.

I sincerely wish you luck with this. For years they've been are notorious for not responding at all, or taking months longer than quoted to complete an order. I have tried a few of their modules, and whilst they sound good, no better than Jaded Faith who are awesome to deal with.
I got my Salvation Mods MatchVox2 in the mail today! Yes, his communication wasn't great, and it did take a bit longer than he originally estimated, but I got it in a reasonable amount of time and it does meet my needs tonally.

My plan is to use the MatchVox2 for my not very clean "clean" tone and use the second module crunch and lead. Right now I have the Deliverence as the second module, and I'm looking forward to trying the DS in that application.

I didn't do an A/B with my Matchless C-30 yet, but I can say the MV2 does have that Voxy/Matchlessy breakup that I love so much.

I wanna know more about the Cameron CCV module. I hit up Salvation about one and never got a response...

having played many egnater, randall, and synergy modules, i went back to the source; the venerated egnater ie4 preamp, for 2 fendery cleans and 2 somewhat darker vintage marshally channels, and supplemented it with a syn 2 loaded with a randall top boost (ac30) module for low gain rhythm and chime, and a SL+ (hot modded marshall) module for more presence and edge than the eggie offers. both modules are single channel and very simple and straight forward. here's a run through of my current tones:

i do think the uberschall, dirty shirley, and MIICP are super fun!

Im buzzed.....you punch face dude.

Your patch list is very like mine, I can cop a lot of that but man.... you know my gear...I missing a little british grit.....will probably get a Bogner Blue pedal...Are you going down the W/D route?

Im buzzed.....you punch face dude.

Your patch list is very like mine, I can cop a lot of that but man.... you know my gear...I missing a little british grit.....will probably get a Bogner Blue pedal...Are you going down the W/D route?
aw thanks man! i hear yah. the marshall tone is a must, and i have many of those colors on lock but for me it’s kinda the opposite. i miss a bit of the boogie lead tone in my life! something you seem to know quite a bit about!

had my pal’s III green combo for about a year and it was killer.

and the best of both option was Zach’s Atomica i babysat for a few months. dude. slinky boogie oil on the single notes and juicy brown chainsaw bronchitis on the chords.

aw thanks man! i hear yah. the marshall tone is a must, and i have many of those colors on lock but for me it’s kinda the opposite. i miss a bit of the boogie lead tone in my life! something you seem to know quite a bit about!

had my pal’s III green combo for about a year and it was killer.

and the best of both option was Zach’s Atomica i babysat for a few months. dude. slinky boogie oil on the single notes and juicy brown chainsaw bronchitis on the chords.
As Much as I like the Boogie leads, and dont get me wrong, its killer, especially boosted. But I miss the leaner, cuttier stuff. You know where the palm mute on faster passages gives that cutting Nuno/EVH/Greg Howe single note tracking...theres times I want that bellicose treachery, instead of Petrucci/Santana butter.

Maybe if I switched out the V30s in my orange cab, but then, that cab is awesome and I dont want to change a good thing.

where the F is the BE Deluxe module? was hinted at for last fall, then Dave said likely May or June, but there has been no info from Synergy, then some dude that has consistently had good inside info said there would be a different module released before the be deluxe module.

really dig the syn2 and feel like i can get really close to a bunch of $$ amps thst i would never otherwise own,

I'm certainly impressed with the whole module ecosystem but I'm losing patience as well. Not getting any response from Salvation.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Rob at Jaded Faith for taking my Randall Brahma module and turning it into a fire breathing Brahma. Great phone communication and customer service is top notch. Don't hesitate to call him if you want a module modded.

I'm sure that between supply chain issues and the factory fire/relocation, everything has a different timeline than planned.

Back