T/D module or Bman ??????? Best Clean module!

mcgyver

Hi everyone, I was looking for some advice on a clean module.
Can anyone share opinions on T/D module over the Bman module?
Also does anyone have them for sale?
Please let me know.
Thanks
Jamie
jamie_holland@mac.com

Two totally different animals. The T/D is a pristine brighter clean. I had a T/D and got it converted to a D/D because I could never get both sides to sound good. The Bman A side is a warmer gritier clean, the B side is a great blues sound.

The T/D is cleaner and D side has less breakup than the Bman more of a blues tone and the T is hard to get breakup with out a pedal. Bman has a thicker warmer clean ch A and ch B gets a lot more overdrive, think AC/DC Led Zep type.

I have a T/D for sale cheap.

I had a T/D, wasn't really happy with it, got a BMAN, and sold the T/D. I wanted a darker, warmer clean and a grittier drive.

My clean Eggie Rankings. (modules I've owned)

T/T :thumbsup:
T/D (current resale value is low due to people bitching about the shared EQ. I never had a problem) :confused:
Bman (only liked it with single coils. not sparkley enough for my tastes) :(

I use the TD and love it. I run the T side gain maxed for a loud and punch pristine clean for blues rhythms and the D gain for lightly overdriven solos

I bought both the T/D and the Bman when I got my Mod 50. I like the T/D better for clean tones. the D side is the bomb. I may try to get my converted to a D/D. I sold off the BMan, not for me.

santellavision1":dke8afq0 said:
I bought both the T/D and the Bman when I got my Mod 50. I like the T/D better for clean tones. the D side is the bomb. I may try to get my converted to a D/D. I sold off the BMan, not for me.

I got the BMan as part of a package deal and expected I'd sell it off right away. But after I played it it became a keeper - great mid-gain tones, really touch-responsive and versatile. I use it way more than I imagined possible. The BMan A channel can get pretty clean but that's not where it shines (for me) - the T is way cleaner and is probably the way to go if you want really clean tones available.

I agree though that the shared EQ is not great for me on the T/D - it's the only module where I find that I can't get both channels sounding the way I want with the same EQ settings. I plan to convert to a D/D (and maybe also get a T/T for super-cleans - though I rarely do super-clean these days so don't really need it . . . ).

jasco":mr0lyp61 said:
santellavision1":mr0lyp61 said:

I got the BMan as part of a package deal and expected I'd sell it off right away. But after I played it it became a keeper - great mid-gain tones, really touch-responsive and versatile. I use it way more than I imagined possible. The BMan A channel can get pretty clean but that's not where it shines (for me) - the T is way cleaner and is probably the way to go if you want really clean tones available.

I agree though that the shared EQ is not great for me on the T/D - it's the only module where I find that I can't get both channels sounding the way I want with the same EQ settings. I plan to convert to a D/D (and maybe also get a T/T for super-cleans - though I rarely do super-clean these days so don't really need it . . . ).

Get it converted to the D/D you'll love it! I miss my BMan though.

Doubleneck":1tbk4pe8 said:
jasco":1tbk4pe8 said:
santellavision1":1tbk4pe8 said:

Regarding the D/D; is the A channel really clean? I mean like REALLY blackface clean?
I have a T/T right now and the B channel really hasn't got any grit to it and I think I'd like that...

Tom-Andrew":2xem4588 said:
Doubleneck":2xem4588 said:
jasco":2xem4588 said:
santellavision1":2xem4588 said:

Regarding the D/D; is the A channel really clean? I mean like REALLY blackface clean?
I have a T/T right now and the B channel really hasn't got any grit to it and I think I'd like that...

I can't comment on the Blackface clean, never played thru one. The A channel on the D/D is clean if gain is set at 12:00 or below. Above that it starts to get some grit and is very touch sensitive and dynamic.

Doubleneck":sf5gtwlo said:
Tom-Andrew":sf5gtwlo said:
Doubleneck":sf5gtwlo said:
jasco":sf5gtwlo said:
santellavision1":sf5gtwlo said:

I can't comment on the Blackface clean, never played thru one. The A channel on the D/D is clean if gain is set at 12:00 or below. Above that it starts to get some grit and is very touch sensitive and dynamic.
Thanks!

Maybe I misunderstood, but just to clarify, I was referring to Fender Blackface tone -- I don't know what a Randall Blackface module sounds like either. :)

The way you describe the D/D as clean if gain < 12:00 sounds like my experience with old Fenders! My T/T stays clean all the way on full.
Hmm... I may have to pick up one of those D/D.

Tom-Andrew":1g9rlyp5 said:
Doubleneck":1g9rlyp5 said:
Tom-Andrew":1g9rlyp5 said:
Doubleneck":1g9rlyp5 said:
jasco":1g9rlyp5 said:
santellavision1":1g9rlyp5 said:

Thanks!

Maybe I misunderstood, but just to clarify, I was referring to Fender Blackface tone -- I don't know what a Randall Blackface module sounds like either. :)

The way you describe the D/D as clean if gain < 12:00 sounds like my experience with old Fenders! My T/T stays clean all the way on full.
Hmm... I may have to pick up one of those D/D.

Actually I meant a Fender. :LOL: :LOL: This will definitely start breaking up > 12:00.

I have got both the T/D and the Bman modules. The T/D is my preferred module for Fender clean tones. I use it with a 212 cab with an Eminence Swamp Thang and a Red, White and Blues in it. I compared the T side with a friend's Twin Reverb with the same speakers and they sound almost identical.

Back