Talk to me about the ISP Pro Rack G

ibanez4life SZ!

Hey guys!

I want to add a noise gate to my rig to really get it in tip top performance.

The ProRack G seems to be the solution. How are your experiences with it? Worth it?

Anyone get to run it with a Mesa? Roadster more specifically?

Thanks much!

Eric

ibanez4life SZ!":107czn3a said:
Hey guys!

I want to add a noise gate to my rig to really get it in tip top performance.

The ProRack G seems to be the solution. How are your experiences with it? Worth it?

Anyone get to run it with a Mesa? Roadster more specifically?

Thanks much!

Eric
It doesn't get any better than The PRG!!

I have the Prorack G in my rig. JVM410H. It is the the best noise gate I have ever used. I have had mine for over 3 years set it and forget it. Highly recommend one.

MrHiwatt

I don't know how guitarist who plays with some gain (mid-gain and more) don't have either the Pro Rack G or the Decimator Pedal...

Sounds awesome guys...I'm planning to place the order tomorrow!

Question though...I run a GCX infront of my amp for switching pedals...where in the chain should the Prorack G go? I'll obviously have part in the loop, but for the part infront of the amp, should it go infront of the GCX? After? In a loop?

Also, for clean sounds, I'd like to take the prorack out of the signal path to make sure there is no awkward cutting...I'd obviously use GCX loops to do this, BUT, is it enough to just take the 'infront' portion out of the chain, since the unit is designed with this portion triggering the portion in the loop, or do both portions need to be switched out?

Thanks!

Eric

It's specifically designed so you don't have to take it out for clean sounds I use it with my roadster and i have no issues at all. As to the placement: last thing before the amp.

Just going to semi highjack this thread, how does the pedal version compare to a ns2? i've started stacking a couple of ODs in front of my amp (after a recent RT thread), sounds killer but im having trouble balancing the noise gate to get rid of the noise and still let things ring out.

Ive only briefly used an ns2 and had instant tone suck issues with it. The decimator pedal with not give you that problem.

One more question before I pull the trigger.

Did you guys opt for the regular Prorack G, or the Stereo mod?

For now, the regular one would do me fine, but I feel like I should just spend the extra ~$80 now incase I ever want to use two amps again...

Opinions? Same performance from either?

Eric

ibanez4life SZ!":n6goikkl said:
One more question before I pull the trigger.

Did you guys opt for the regular Prorack G, or the Stereo mod?

For now, the regular one would do me fine, but I feel like I should just spend the extra ~$80 now incase I ever want to use two amps again...

Opinions? Same performance from either?

Eric
I got the regular one and ended up sending it back to the factory for a stereo mod. If you think there is ANY chance you are gonna need to use it with two amps, get the stereo - they work the same. Great unit, but I found in the long run that the amps that I like don't require a noise gate, even higher gain ones like my CCV don't need it IMO...

Steve

ibanez4life SZ!":3ggttsnh said:
Sounds awesome guys...I'm planning to place the order tomorrow!

Question though...I run a GCX infront of my amp for switching pedals...where in the chain should the Prorack G go? I'll obviously have part in the loop, but for the part infront of the amp, should it go infront of the GCX? After? In a loop?

Also, for clean sounds, I'd like to take the prorack out of the signal path to make sure there is no awkward cutting...I'd obviously use GCX loops to do this, BUT, is it enough to just take the 'infront' portion out of the chain, since the unit is designed with this portion triggering the portion in the loop, or do both portions need to be switched out?

Thanks!

Eric

IMO, the first ISP gate should be as close to the guitar as possible for the most control and the gate in the loop should be before any time based effects so you don't lose any delay or reverb tails.

One more question that came to mind today...

If I run two different preamps in my setup (I'll logically be getting different noise from each), with the regular prorack G still track ok with a single threshold setting? Or should I look into the stereo and run each preamp through a side?

Back