TC Electronic Rottweiler

Progbusters

I have a few hard rock to 90's power metal pedals (HBE Full Metal Jacket, HBE Doomsday Device, HBE Big D) and fuzzes that can almost do it, but the Rottweiler is my first brootal metal pedal.

I find it acceptible.

My guitars all sound the same between all the pedals but the Rottweiler has that higher higher gain without muffing out like my Devi Ever fuzz. It does approach fuzz territory a bit.

It has two modes: Scooped and Mid-hump. In the scooped mids mode you can do King Diamond at lowest setting to Metallica at middle, then it just messiness further up the gain knob. Adjusting the Bass and Treble knobs will span the genres. More bass makes it sound like a bass player is playing along. Treble gives it some highs but I can't seem to pick it up when recording.

In the Mid-hump mode, you can go from Shred soloist and Doom all the way up to fuzz messiness going up the gain. Sometimes for both modes I can't tell the difference anywhere past Noon.

So for the above, this is when the guitar's volume knob is all the way. Rolling the volume knob down will get the gain down and you can do some jangle and rawk.

Now for the brootal, I don't have a brootal guitar with dropped tuning. I am curious to hear how it would sound with this pedal. Maybe I will try my bass next.

Back