TC Electronics G*Major IN FRONT of the amp

ajharris1215

anyone ever tried running a G*Major in front of an amp? it works great in the loop of my vh4 but i'd like to use its effects on some early '70s amps that don't really have usable effects loops. at least not parallel ones anyway...

Do you want to plug your guitar into the GMajor and then into the amp? That's not a good idea. First, the input of the G wasn't designed to accept a guitar level signal and will load your pickups way too much with its low impedance. Second the output set at normal operating levels might be too high as it is designed to put out line level signals...i think this box was really designed to be used in a loop or maybe as an insert effect when mixing...
Best,
Stefan

i was actually planning on using the G*Major in one of the loops of a voodoo labs gcx switching system. but i think this would still be a guitar level signal. is there any way to correct this problem? i'd really like to use the effects on my g*major with my vintage amps...

in the past, i've run the G in the parallel loop of my vh4 but gone out the right output of the G into another amp's input and it seemed to work fine. but this wasn't a guitar level signal in the G's input.

thanks in advance...

ISO Line Out Box

http://www.suhrguitars.com/tonetools.aspx

connect guitar to head.
connect line out from head to ISO.
connect line out from ISO to input of effects unit.
connect output from fx unit to the cab.
adjust the wet/dry signal.
jam away with your looped signal.....

is this what you were after?

steve

Well, not really. I saw those boxes. The ISO box essentially provides a high quality line out straight from the path between the amp and cab. The other box on that page, the MiniMixII, would probably be of more use to me since my vintage amps have rudimentary serial loops from the seventies. That MiniMix is a pretty cool idea.

Basically, I just want to use my G-Major with my vintage amps. I'd like to do it in the signal path between my guitar and amp, but apparently it isn't recommended to use the G-Major this way, so I have to figure out another way...

Thanks for the help though!

Back