TC G System...what should I know

gkinsingapore

My current pedal board has become cumbersome.....its the heaviest part of my rig....power supplies, eventide boxes,suhr channel switcher cables for miles.....all on a Pedal train pro.

The G system appeals a lot and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one. I have a PT100 that I use for all my dirt so am really just looking at delays and chorus, touch of verb, the odd harmonised part....

Is there anything I should know? I've read through the forum stuff and Laird Williams doc on configuring the 4 cable method. He mentions ISO boxes, do I really need one with the PT100?

Any tips?

I had one up till the beginning of the week. I needed/used a Ebtech LLS with my RMod100. It likes instrument level better. Takes a while to really get use to it, big learning curve. The easiest way to do anything on it is to use the USB and a laptop with Vyzor editor.

you should know that its awesome! ive never had one single problem with it as far as the setup or programming of it. i also got my hands on lairds white book and that was just the icing on the cake to really tweak things even better. ive never used the computer editor so i cant speak for that but editing on the unit itself is easy enough. good luck

I love it. Best money I ever spent. Effects are top notch and the flexibilty it gives for controlling amp channels and external pedals is awesome. Plus it just looks killer.
G-Systemwithstickers.jpg

Yeah I did the stickers. Someone on the TC G-System forum posted the blank templates in a photoshop format so just used it and found some pictures of the pedals that I use and some pictures of my amp for the channel buttons I assigned on my G-system. I found the sticker paper at Office Depot and just printed them up. If anyone would like the Photoshop template for their G-system let me know and I'll email it to you in a PSD file.

Best investment i made in years man, couldn`t be happier. I`m using it in a W/D/W setup, so it doesn`t go through any of my effects loops. But i used it for a while in a loop and it didn`t color my tone at all, very transparent. The effects are just great. And the programability features are perfect.

Wetdrywet2.jpg

Wetdrywet.jpg

Go for it.

Chris

gkinsingapore":4tshjaab said:
My current pedal board has become cumbersome.....its the heaviest part of my rig....power supplies, eventide boxes,suhr channel switcher cables for miles.....all on a Pedal train pro.

The G system appeals a lot and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one.

Any tips?
Just wanted to share this with you. You can rack the brain of the G-System or keep it in the floor controller. A big selling point of the G-System for me was everthing being on the floor and to not have to carry a pedalboard and a rack case. I keep everything in a heavy duty 35'' x 25" flight case with handles and rollers. I have my cables in a snake and I just coil it up in the board, put on the lid and roll it in and out for gigs. Only problem is that the flight case, G-System, wireless, all the other pedals, power supplies and a 20' cable snake weigh about 90lbs with the lid on. But it is a heavy duty case so nothing will happen to the contents. The G-System itself weighs almost 20 lbs. I guess I'd rather carry one big heavy board than a pedalboard and a rack case. I attached a pic so you can get a feel for the size. I wish I could make it smaller but I couldn't fit everything I need in a smaller case. I might add another small pedal or 2 in the future and I've got just enough room.
Pedalboardwithstickers.jpg

Bought one, am about to do my 5th gig with it.......LOVE IT, best money ever spent.

The learning curve wasnt that steep, I followed Laird's instructions to hook up the 4 cable method and that took me longer than actually programming the patches I use. I do need to find a few hours to tweak some of what I've done but even what I have so far totally kicks ass.

DSCF0849.jpg

I love mine. Once you get it set up correctly it's fantastic. Don't skip any steps in Laird's suggestions on setting the levels. It's a good idea to get the Ebtech just in case. I leave the unit all together like Todd because I was tired of hauling around a rack of any sort. I had a custom multi cable built for me by Whirlwind and leave it hooked up on the pedal end.

It is heavy, but for me it beats hauling a rack full of gear around and saves room in the backline.

The guys on the G System section of TC Electronics forum are great and will help in any way you need.

i used to have one.. got a lot of slack from a bandmate about having tooooo much gear to lug.. made the mistake of selling it :cry:
i'm with TC now, though.. so i can always get another one!

EDIT: they are a great investment!

shogun":xamz9zcj said:
i used to have one.. got a lot of slack from a bandmate about having tooooo much gear to lug.. made the mistake of selling it :cry:
i'm with TC now, though.. so i can always get another one!

EDIT: they are a great investment!

yah i still dont know why you sold it :confused:

Loving mine, done about four gigs with it now and it's working much better than the M13 I was using, added bonus being able to change channels too ;)

IMG_0198.jpg

Back