TC Nova Drive NDR1 -- Why so many horror stories ???

faisalbaig

Really interested in buying one of these. Love the concept of the dual engines and presets.
But i i have read reports of it being dead on arrival or malfunctioning or dying.
Have these quality control issues been taken care of ?
Its still in production and the demo's sound so nice.
I had a TC Nova System and the Drive sounded really warm.

Any thoughts ?
Thanks

I am thinking of taking the plunge man.
How do u feel about the sound, considering you have two, u must like it a lot....
Cheers for the reply Jeff!

Well I go for a low to medium gain tone and I find both sides of the pedal work well for that. In fact both sides have similar DNA if you like so flipping between drive and distortion isn't too extreme a difference. On my noodling rig I use it to add different flavours of drive to a Laney Lionheart which has the drive control on around half so just a lightish crunch. The other sits in front of my amp switcher and thanks to its programability is for example used as a boost to drive the clean channel on my Boogie Studio 22 into a lovely overdriven tone and then a quite light distortion takes my JMP Marshall to another level for a superb classic rock tone. I use MIDI switchers to control them and on a couple of presets use CCs to adjust settings on the fly within a single patch.

I dig it. I don't use it anymore cause I don't need it but I like it so I'm keeping it around. I used it with my G-System which it integrates with perfectly.

I've owned one for about 5 or 6 years with zero issues. I've bought and tried a number of mainstream and boutique drive pedals but I've been able to get reasonable close to most of them with the nova drive. I use mine with a few H9 and a midi controller and it's pretty amazing. I think they're discontinued now so I just recently bought a 2nd one to have as back up and/or I decide to put together a smaller pedalboard at some point. It's definitely one of the better pedals I've owned.

Back