Tc nova system and Einstein

sden

Hi all,
I just got a Nova System from T.c. electronics to reduce my pedalboard. I like the effect quality, but I have some problems with tone sucking. Does anyone of you made the same experience? I run it in the seriel loop and adjusting the input level of the Nova is surely a critial issue. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks, Sebastian

I have an Einstein 50 watt combo and recently bought a Nova System as well.
I have absolutely no problems with mine operating perfectly in the loop. The reason is that when I first got the NS, I followed the book of instructions to the letter when first setting it up.
I got the level of tones, volumes, etc. to match the serial loop of the Einstein. Mine is as tranparent as can be, and sounds really good.

Following the instructions is absolutely critical to having the NS be transparent and amp-friendly. Take your time doing this and it will change the tone-sucking problem for you.

I used to pull out one of the cables hooking the NS to the serial loop as I adjusted the volume levels for a comparison, until I got the closest I could to unity gain.

Set up the amp for your clean tone first. Then plug in the NS and start from the beginning of the manual. It should not take you more then one half hour to get the basic settings adjusted.

Use the factory settings button to start with, adjust them to taste, and lock them in, one at a time. Use the pedalboard setting so that you can turn each of the effects in each patch on and off individually. Don't over-use any one effect too much. Less is more here. As you make a new effect setting, keep puilling out and checking the volume increase or decrease in the effects loop until you hear the volume levels sound even whtether you have the NS plugged in or out of the loop. When you are done doing this, turn on several of the effects in that patch to make sure the level in the loop is not louder then when the loop is disconnected.

This is how I set up my NS and I know nothing about this stuff. I simply followed the book of instructions.

Good luck. The NS is a terrific unit and as compact and powerful as you should ever need. Just take your time getting used to it, and you will have a great sound from your amp.

After you play out, you will hear what needs a slight adjustment in settings or not. You will then be able to constantly tweak each setting as you use them.

I only have three patches set up and within each patch, I have enough different effects programmed to be more then I'll use. Try to get the entire patch to sound good, even if you use them in the pedalboard mode (as I do). To do this correctly, you don't need to be too heavy-handed on any one effect.

Experiment using an entire patch or indiviual effects one at a time or in combinations of only two or three effects at a time in the pedalboard mode. You will determine which method works best for your playing style.

Thanks a lot for your comments! :thumbsup:
I did some tweeking, and I like it more and more. Really easy to make it sound good.
Sebastian

Back