Tele and Bass pickups

aeroic

I am looking at a pair of the classic T's for my Tele. I have a Swamp ash tele w/ a maple neck and a bigsby. I am looking for a bit "hotter than vintage" in the bridge, with that "tele spank" but with a big of the piercing highs rolled off. I still want to get that chime on clean tones in the bridge, but for distorted tones, get a warm smooth sound. On the neck I'm looking for a warm, big, and woody tone. I'll be playing it through my egnater gear (DLX, EG3/4, EG5, COD, SL, etc).

Secondly, I've been looking for a set of pickups to replace my active EMG's. I have the PJ setup w/ the BQC system (stacked treb / bass, and stacked sweepable mids). I'm not necessarily looking for the same for EQ controls. Treb / Bass / Volume / blender knob would be perfect. I prefer active pickups, as I will be using this for recording mainly, and will not be pumping this through an amp to record.

Do you make a P pickup? If not, what P pickup would you recommend w/ either of your J pickups w/ your preamp. I play all kinds of music. From hard rock, to blues, to jazz, to instrumental rock. The EMG's I have sound really good, but I was hoping to get a pickup that has a bit more "mojo" than what I have now.

Any recommendations would be awesome!

Eric

I know I'm not Mr. Suhr, but I'll try to help you as best as I can with the bass pickups...what bass are you sticking it in? What woods is the bass made out of? Neck-thru, set neck, or bolt-on? Fretted or fretless? All those questions will effect what pickups I would suggest...

Just trying to help you out...

Back