The 2c+ still sucks, but here is some black album tones anyways.

VESmedic

This does sound pretty great I will say. Yes it’s the axe fx, but it’s about as dead on as any 2c+ in tone and feel as I’ve ever heard. IR is Josh Middletons Marshall 4x12 with a 16 ohm Marshall vintage, 57/421 combo, just like the record. Which, by the way, is the missing link that everyone forgets about getting this tone. You simply won’t get this with an 8 ohm v30 in a recto cab, doesn’t mean it won’t sound good though!

No boost, 6(SIX) guitar tracks on the palm mutes only, and on the verse riff. It doessssss sound pretty sick in the low end in those parts, highly encouraged to listen on studio monitors or literally anything other than IPhone. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/07wb...-421.wav?rlkey=v7lvzsimgu7qodxy1grmvgxbp&dl=0

Very nice. Sounds close!
I'm always surprised by what guitar stems sound like outside of their mixes but the guitars in this track really do sound like that.

edit: Bonus points if you go back and add the Burping Danelectro secret sauce guitar to the mix! :D

Very nice. Sounds close!
I'm always surprised by what guitar stems sound like outside of their mixes but the guitars in this track really do sound like that.

edit: Bonus points if you go back and add the Burping Danelectro secret sauce guitar to the mix! :D

Haha! I was thinking about that when adding the tracks; I was like how could I emulate this? All I really did was brighten those two tracks slightly in the 2k are and bring the filter up to 120-150hzb or so to make those tracks seem brighter and crunchier, butttttt I’m not sure it worked haha!

lol at the title. Good stuff as always man! Josh’s irs are real sick. I sometimes use his plugin and bypass the amp for the irs. 95% sure they’re the same ones as his pack.

The extra low end grunt/gurgle in that track's main riff comes from an old Danelectro Baritone that Bob Rock distorted and layered into the mix along with the main rhythm guitars. I'm not sure if it appears anywhere else on the album.
That’s cool! I’ll have to read up on that

Back