The Count(Euge Valovirta) takes a new Marshall 1959HW for a test drive......

He always says his name funny.. Finnish name I'm guessing but he sort of swallows half of it. Anyway doesn't matter, love his videos. He always gets great tone and proves that it isn't difficult. 50$ SD-1 on used market and a decent Marshall tube amp.
It's "Eow-geh", that's how they pronounce it apparently. So he says it quickly but it makes sense once you listen for it a couple times.

Sounds great!

Also he seemed genuinely impressed with that amp, more so than a lot of the other ones he borrows for his other videos.

I’m surprised the amp was happy with such a large voltage drop but he got a great tone with it. I wonder what the bias was on the tubes at almost 100V lower than expected.

Last edited:
It's "Eow-geh", that's how they pronounce it apparently. So he says it quickly but it makes sense once you listen for it a couple times.
Yeah I have a Finnish buddy so the accent makes sense to me and the cadence they use does too but it always makes me chuckle.. speak clearly man, it's your last name!! It's like they hang the first part of most of their words and then rush the last part out lol.

Back