The Decimator G-String kicks ass! My setup

romanianreaper

I just got a Decimator G-String pedal and am really impressed. I have a Sentry noise gate and hate it. The Decimator fixes my pedal noise and 5150-III 6L6 amp noise all at the same time.

I plug my guitar directly into "Guitar In" and then plug a cord from "Guitar Out" into all of my pedals, then into the front of my amp.

Separately, I have the "Dec In" and "Dec Out" going into my time based effects. The only drawback, but not a huge deal, is that I have to hit the "Effects" button on my 5150-III footswitch to have the Decimator work correctly.

It is super quiet with no hum, no buzz, no bad noise, etc. Such an awesome pedal!

I had a pro rack G with the stereo mod. Great unit but if your amp has a lot of depth to the tone like a 5150 with a bias mod or a Bogner XTC, that super low, gut punching low end is removed by them. It was enough of a difference that I moved mine on.

Glad you’re loving the pedal! I am in the market again for something on the front end again. They’re essential for setups these days. I’ll probably just run something in the front end only.

I had a pro rack G with the stereo mod. Great unit but if your amp has a lot of depth to the tone like a 5150 with a bias mod or a Bogner XTC, that super low, gut punching low end is removed by them. It was enough of a difference that I moved mine on.

Glad you’re loving the pedal! I am in the market again for something on the front end again. They’re essential for setups these days. I’ll probably just run something in the front end only.

Totally understand this mentality. I had a pro rack G, as well as some high end pedal gates like the LWA blockade, but I honestly can just throw a deci-mate in front and im fine. I dont go for the super gated tones anyways.

Cool, I have been curious about this pedal.

I have kind of been fighting with gates lately. I recently built 2 Zuul clones. I can get them to work, but not really loving them. I decided to buy the parts to build a Zuul+ / Endless Blockade type clone. We will see how that goes. After 3 of them, I think I will be done with that circuit, lol.

Honestly, I kind of still like my Boss NS-2 better. Not as choppy, but it just works for the most part.

I have the decimeter II G string in front and in the loop of my Marshall JVM. It works really well and no significant tone suck to my ears.

The JVM is quite the noisy bitch, but this keeps it under control.

Back