The eternal question : EMG vs Blackouts ? :)

Oilid

Hello everyone !
Let me introduce myself.
I'm a passionate about guitars !
I play everything from classical to funk and extreme metal.
What about the "cheapest metal pickups" ?

Here's a shootout between EMG's & Blackouts.
I'll bring no answer, just sound and DI files for your DAW ;)

Thanks for the video!

sleewell2":1c5gp8pq said:
Fishman fluence are better than them both.

I totally agree! I played most of the EMGs and even had the 60a, played all the blackouts and nothing comes close to my Fishman Fluence Modern Alnico in the bridge position. I am desperate to try the Devy models. :rock:

I liked an EMG 81 better than the old blackouts. Not sure on some of the newer blackouts that have come out, and am very intrigued by the Jeff Loomis model. I have an EMG 57/66 combo on it's way and am anxious to find out about them.

As far as that youtube clip, they aren't being compared in the same guitar.

If you're gonna complain about the price of one of the least expensive,yet most important parts of your signal chain,you really don't care too much about tone.

That being said,i prefer the emg 81.

Dimarzio x2n over either for me, if we're staying in the cheaper spectrum. A couple of the Bkp or Mcp's destroy those if not. ..

rottingcorpse":107q232d said:
If you're gonna complain about the price of one of the least expensive,yet most important parts of your signal chain,you really don't care too much about tone.

That being said,i prefer the emg 81.

LOOOOOOL. I got many other pickups.
The most versatile for me are the BurstBucker Pro ;)

RJF":l4cs5ap1 said:
I liked an EMG 81 better than the old blackouts. Not sure on some of the newer blackouts that have come out, and am very intrigued by the Jeff Loomis model. I have an EMG 57/66 combo on it's way and am anxious to find out about them.

As far as that youtube clip, they aren't being compared in the same guitar.

The Loomis models kick ass. Definitely the best Duncan actives I've ever heard. They really do have a more passive-like feel and response, yet with the punch of actives.

I still love the good old EMG 81, though. It does what it does better than almost anything.

Back