The Guitar Guru Network (The fake tracking number scam goes on)

The random immature insults keep going... Cringe.

1616950981024.png

Report them to reverb and show them the screen shots. Tell reverb you’re posting this conversation on multiple music forum and FB. Tell reverb that threatening and harassment should not be tolerated. If the do nothing, report reverb and TGGN to the better business bureau.

I certainly will not buy anything from them based on these threads.

This guy is so full of shit. I bought a Friedman cab from him off of Ebay in 2018. He gave me the same run around story about a sick family member and having to leave town. I noticed after I bought it and he was giving me the run around that he had a listing on Reverb too so I sent him this message. What a schmuck. I eventually got the cab about 3 weeks later.If you specifically ask him if an item is in stock and ready to ship you will get a similar reply. Try it out! :)
friedman.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I would send these messages to reverb. Your review is coming down also sounds sketchy. why have a review system if you can take down those you dont agree with?

How is he working the system so well that he’s able to stay in business??

Someone in this thread said he’s not a scammer. Lying multiple times about family emergencies, using expired tracking numbers over and over and claiming items are in stock that aren’t sounds like the definition of a scammer to me.

This isn’t an isolated incident. We have numerous reported incidents. How can anyone defend this guy?

How is he working the system so well that he’s able to stay in business??

Someone in this thread said he’s not a scammer. Lying multiple times about family emergencies, using expired tracking numbers over and over and claiming items are in stock that aren’t sounds like the definition of a scammer to me.

This isn’t an isolated incident. We have numerous reported incidents. How can anyone defend this guy?
People really don’t want to leave bad reviews. For the most part, human nature is very understanding and people want to give the benefit of the doubt. In the end, people won’t leave a bad review if there is some level of communication and they get their item. He understands this snd is exploiting that fact. On the other hand, I doubt he has many return customers.

Looks like he's running some kind of side scam, using cash for out of stock items to fund other things almost like a pyramid scheme as he has income coming in from other sales.

But to have them write back profane replies like a dumb high school kid shows that they don't have a lot of brains, just ignorant driven greed..

Looks like he's running some kind of side scam, using cash for out of stock items to fund other things almost like a pyramid scheme as he has income coming in from other sales.

But to have them write back profane replies like a dumb high school kid shows that they don't have a lot of brains, just ignorant driven greed..
This guy is a clown. Hopefully reverb shits him down.

Well shit, happened to me too. Bought a Bogner 3534 from him only to find out he didn't have it in stock -BUT- Bogner would ship it directly to me "soon" since five were almost done and allotted to his store. After a month I checked back then he said a couple of more days. Two days later I requested a refund through Reverb. Got my refund a few days later and amp from elsewhere. Wish I had known he was a scammer.

People really don’t want to leave bad reviews. For the most part, human nature is very understanding and people want to give the benefit of the doubt. In the end, people won’t leave a bad review if there is some level of communication and they get their item. He understands this snd is exploiting that fact. On the other hand, I doubt he has many return customers.
This seems fairly on the money. My responses have never defended his business practices nor condoned them. I've purchased 5 items from ggn. 4 out 5 shipped immediately, 1 out of 5 had a 5 month delay before I got it. That said the 1 delayed item was a pre order and customized, I knew I wouldn't get it immediately. Shouldn't have taken 5 months and myriad of excuses plus bad tracking along the way but in the end, I got what I paid for, I got what I wanted and to me that doesn't equal scumbag behavior. Poor business behaviors? Absolutely, but we are all adults here right? We can separate and identify the difference between people who don't do business the way we would like and a scumbag trying to rip people off right? We can make decisions about who we will or won't do business with without calling people names simply because we don't like their practices right? :aww::m9::doh::m17::poke:

This seems fairly on the money. My responses have never defended his business practices nor condoned them. I've purchased 5 items from ggn. 4 out 5 shipped immediately, 1 out of 5 had a 5 month delay before I got it. That said the 1 delayed item was a pre order and customized, I knew I wouldn't get it immediately. Shouldn't have taken 5 months and myriad of excuses plus bad tracking along the way but in the end, I got what I paid for, I got what I wanted and to me that doesn't equal scumbag behavior. Poor business behaviors? Absolutely, but we are all adults here right? We can separate and identify the difference between people who don't do business the way we would like and a scumbag trying to rip people off right? We can make decisions about who we will or won't do business with without calling people names simply because we don't like their practices right? :aww::m9::doh::m17::poke:

do you not consider dishonestly getting people to give you their money, so you can use it for whatever you want during a never communicated, indeterminate period of time, indicative of a ‘scumbag’?

how many people would give him the money if he more correctly said ‘can I borrow $x for 6 weeks from you and then ship you the item’?

i think he’s got a good idea of what that answer is in his own mind, which is why he operates through deception instead.

My only interaction was a couple years ago when Charvel first came out with the DK24 with caramelized necks. He had one listed as In Stock and I messaged him. I was Local in Atlanta and asked him if I could just come by and get it. He said it was in the way and should arrive in a week. A week later I messaged and he still has not received it but they are telling him another week. Also it was easier to ship it to me (cross town) rather than me come by and get it. This just came off as shady to me and I moved on.

My only interaction was a couple years ago when Charvel first came out with the DK24 with caramelized necks. He had one listed as In Stock and I messaged him. I was Local in Atlanta and asked him if I could just come by and get it. He said it was in the way and should arrive in a week. A week later I messaged and he still has not received it but they are telling him another week. Also it was easier to ship it to me (cross town) rather than me come by and get it. This just came off as shady to me and I moved on.
Yeah, that is shady for sure!! Easier to ship across town!!! Hahahahahah!! What a scumbag! He wildly lies, perpetrates acts of subterfuge, makes excuse after excuse, all to get a sale. Unbelievable.

I posted about Keith in the Synergy modular thread on TGP last year, but I'm more than happy to leave a copy here for Google to link to.

"I usually lurk, but I feel compelled to chime in regarding "The Guitar Guru Network" on Reverb.
The first thing you need to know about Keith's store, is that he does NOT have Synergy gear in-stock. He takes order, then has them shipped from Synergy.
I'm not sure, but I believe this is violation of Reverb policy.
Anyway, if you do make an order with him, you have to send him a message immediately, then do numerous follow-ups, until he gives you a valid tracking number.
You will encounter many excuses, a few bogus (old) tracking numbers, and offers to send you gift packages (t-shirts, strings, picks) to compensate.
One last thing, if you purchase multiple items from him at once, send a complete list of purchased gear in your introduction letter - and in follow-ups remind him, "So we're on the same page, you're shipping..."
Even then, prepare for frustration.
I've done a few transactions with him, and would not advise anyone do business with him, unless you enjoy the taste of Tylenol."
Yes this is exactly how my transaction with him went. I will never do business with that person again. The family excuse he uses gets old too. Fake tracking number all of that. Sad to see it happen to others. Unprofessional

Back