The "I'd rather have a house than a bunch of guitar stuff" thread

Matt300ZXT

This stuff is all local pickup in Chattanooga, TN as I don't really want to ship these big honkin' pieces of gear. Come pick this stuff up before I have a chance to regret it. Cash only, no trades as I want to buy a house and a different guitar won't really help. It'd clutter this thread up if I posted all the pics of everything, so if you have specific questions or want pics, send me a message.

1994 USA Washburn MG122 with original case and case candy, catalog, etc-$1000
CMG Ashlee with DiMarzio Eric Johnson custom shop pickups and hardcase-$800
Marshall 1987x head and 1960TV cab with British greenbacks, may separate-$2200
Marshall 1960AV (so Marshall's version of the V30)-$650
Marshall JCM900 1960A-$400
Peavey Rockmaster preamp-message me
Peavey Classic 60/60 stereo power amp-$300
Marshall 9200 dual monoblock power amp-$900

Last edited:
This stuff is all local pickup in Chattanooga, TN as I don't really want to ship these big honkin' pieces of gear. Come pick this stuff up before I have a chance to regret it. Cash only, no trades as I want to buy a house and a different guitar won't really help. It'd clutter this thread up if I posted all the pics of everything, so if you have specific questions or want pics, send me a message.

2008 USA Charvel Socal in candy apple green with hardshell case and EVH D Tuna-$1300
1994 USA Washburn MG122 with original case and case candy, catalog, etc-$1000
CMG Ashlee with DiMarzio Eric Johnson custom shop pickups and hardcase-$800
Budda Superdrive 45 stack (head, 2x12, 4x12), will separate-$1500
Marshall 1987x head and 1960TV cab with British greenbacks, may separate-$2500
Marshall 1960AV (so Marshall's version of the V30)-$700
Marshall JCM900 1960A-$450
Peavey Rockmaster preamp-message me
Peavey Classic 60/60 stereo power amp-$300
Marshall 9200 dual monoblock power amp-$900
Hafler Triple Giant with midi switching (just got this a couple weeks ago and never even got to use it)-$750
hi matt. Whats the deal with the peavey preamp

Bump...I edited a couple prices down and deleted the items that have sold.

I don't know if it's an issue with the preamp just needing a pot replaced or a resistor swapped, or if it's just the design of the amp, but the mid control on the gain eq side acts a bit like a volume rather than just a mid control. May be just different than what I'm used to because of it being an active eq, I'm not sure.

Paid off my house 5 years ago (thank God)!, now the struggle is to Save $ for retirement instead of buying more guitars.
Currently own a Slo 100 and Friedman BE 100w deluxe so I think that covers my amp needs!! :m17:

Bump...I will consider shipping if you can set up a way for me to drop it off at the UPS Store or whatever and they pack it and bill you so there is no potential loss for me if I pack/ship it so Fed Ex or UPS can weasel out of paying the insurance claim if the unfortunate happens.

The market has boomed the last 2 years, so hopefully you've been able to take advantage. I personally have been dumping a crap load into it for about 5 years now, instead of paying down my mortgage. My mortgage rate is 2.75%, and my investments have averaged about a 20% annual gain, so it's been worth keeping the mortgage debt so far. Just hope when the market goes back down it doesn't drop off a cliff.
Agreed!
I paid off my first house and learned exactly
what you typed.

Y'all can keep your "high gain".
Bitches, I'm bringing the "CAPITAL GAINS".

Back