The Klon. My Chiron has helped me understand

RaceU4her

ive been putting this thing through the paces with a bunch of my amps and its just stupid good. all knobs at noon. im playing through my DSL100h right now with very similar settings to what Nuno said he does and its just absolutely glorious. i can understand now why guys are throwing themselves down flights of stairs and whatever else to get one of these things. great job griffin audio. go buy one

What does it do, technically, that produces this experience of grandeur?

What does it do, technically, that produces this experience of grandeur?

the feel, it gives my amps that iic+ kind of "bounce" that is so addicting, it also seems to roll of the top in a similar way BUT leaves all the kerrang in there, it really kind of "cameronized" this DSL. its similar with my recto and krank as well

Klon pedals and clones are cool, but they are super noisy.

when i tried using it more as a distortion like a lot of guys say and crank everything it can get noisy, but like this with everything at noon and the amp gain at around 3 which is lower than i would usually use its pretty dead quiet. i was actually thinking of you playing it like damn psychodave would approve of this, thats when you know its ripping

Yep

Best pedal if tried that adds more without losing the bounce and reactivity of the amp. I run mine pretty low so noise isn’t an issue. It can probably help tighten things up but that’s why I tend to not like most ODs.

Yeah agree, Wayne killed it when he built these. Haven't stopped using it since I got it. He's currently building me a SD pedal and I can only imagine how good that will sound.
which by the way is shipping right after the holiday weekend ...... as soon as you guys starting ordering those on me .... I couldn't find the LED footswitches in the colors I needed to save my life .... they are due in from Canada on Monday finally .

the feel, it gives my amps that iic+ kind of "bounce" that is so addicting, it also seems to roll of the top in a similar way BUT leaves all the kerrang in there, it really kind of "cameronized" this DSL. its similar with my recto and krank as well

when i tried using it more as a distortion like a lot of guys say and crank everything it can get noisy, but like this with everything at noon and the amp gain at around 3 which is lower than i would usually use its pretty dead quiet. i was actually thinking of you playing it like damn psychodave would approve of this, thats when you know its ripping
A lot of the " magic " for lack of a better term ....are the components I choose to use . Nichicon Gold Audio caps bring the noise floor WAY down .
along with 2 sided PCB's that have substantial grounding planes on them

Makes your penis grow at least six inches when you turn it on….

that feeling when you step on it

iu

Back