The Motocross Nationals start this weekend!!

Yep, Phoenix Honda is very excited, although its likely somewhat turning into way more pressure on them to deliver a top-tier bike. They have a great motor guy, the bikes are plenty fast. They have a good chassis. I hope he does well. Ferrandes has a grey area when it comes to testing, it was always weird to me that Tomac did so well on the Yamaha's while Ferrandes always seem to be searching for a setup he could deliver on. He speaks well of the bike after the initial ride, but I think that's honeymoon talk. Maybe, maybe not.. I notice they went to FC for suspension, probably a good idea to let Ziggy handle that, he's as good as anyone in the field.
He is certainly capable and has the skills. He was by far the fastest guy at the MXoN 2 years ago at Red Bud, he was an animal.
Looks promising, I hope he surprises everyone and comes out swinging. Be hard to really tell at SX, I think he'll try to do the best he can but be somewhat cautious to avoid injury till the Nationals kick in but we'll see!
I bet Heath is excited, but a little nervous. :LOL: Thats a lot to have on your plate. If Ferrandes does well, its all good. If he struggles to be inside the top 7, it will be lots of speculation about the bike and the teams resources, which I have no doubt are a hair under Star Yamaha's budget. I do think they will do everything they can to make this end well

Last edited:
Friese penalized after taking out Dean Wilson in WSX.

What a buffoon. I really wish Brayton would have beaten the stuffing out of him.

Dammit, spoiler. I'll check the DVR later.

Anyway, I guess Ducati has some of their single-cylinder ideas out ....

Agreed.
Maybe KR is using it as a paid testing session that would keep his name in the conversation for '24?
:confused:
Thats low hanging fruit (money) for the top guys, but most of them would rather have some time off. :LOL:

Calling Eli Tomac..
Please iron out the kinks in your starts, your gonna need them
2 months till Jet at A1..

Nichols and Bloss have signed with Beta . 24 is gonna be very colorful with all these new bikes coming in.
Anyone got any intel on Ducati's status for 2024 SX??

Not sure, I really haven't seen much at all on them. Its a 698 but they are only getting 70 horses out of it?
If the extra weight is low in the frame cradle its probably pretty livable, if not that can be a problem for handling.
But it looks like it handles well, at least on pavement :confused:

Nichols and Bloss have signed with Beta . 24 is gonna be very colorful with all these new bikes coming in.
Anyone got any intel on Ducati's status for 2024 SX??

I don't think they will be in until '25 or '26. That's just my guess. Having signed Cairoli on (and making it a promotional push) seems to indicate they're pretty serious and must be getting close.

Is that the 70 HP, but significantly heavier than most motor?

I don't know its weight, but it looks big for MX/SX to me, and that's lower end mass and area in my eyes. Dual balance shafts, etc., seem to make it a large crankcase. It was easy to do for them, tho. Having the upper end is from the last 1299 twin seems to make the combustion design convenient to start with.
It's 649cc, with a claimed 77hp running a stock (read: "EPA strangled") exhaust. Ducati says the optional Termi full racing exhaust will give 85hp. No idea if that's at the crank or rear wheel. If it's like the Japanese then count on 15+% less at the rear wheel. If it's like KTM, then maybe 3%-5% less.
I think this motor will also be used in their Scrambler product line, maybe a Dakar replica if they contest that. MX/SX gets a smaller engine, but still with desmo?

Soooo...
Savatgy is gonna ride the Triumph in 250SX for 2024, any intel on any other potentials?
Harrup and McLellan will be the MX2 riders, should be pretty solid, they are both raving about the bike, but you know how that goes in the honeymoon phase..
Still excited to see the bike in a full on battle setting!

Soooo...
Savatgy is gonna ride the Triumph in 250SX for 2024, any intel on any other potentials?
Harrup and McLellan will be the MX2 riders, should be pretty solid, they are both raving about the bike, but you know how that goes in the honeymoon phase..
Still excited to see the bike in a full on battle setting!

I've read that Jalek Swoll (250E, MX) and Evan Ferry (Futures, 250E, MX) are also on the team in the US.

Back