The "Saturation Station!" Headfirst Cali 50w

What a killer amp! I stumbled upon Headfirst, I dunno 6 months ago, and have an MTL on order with Jason now, what a pro.

Thanks! It’s the very last MTL we will build, the last!

We’ll continue to supply the DIY market but going forward we’ll only build our own production amps; the current Cali and the new Alta amp…and whatever follows!

**FULL DISCLOSURE/UPDATE**

In this thread, I posted a video review of the MGL 50 HG because someone requested it. I sold that amp back to Mark from MGL soon after making the video. After Mark got the amp back, he examined it and sent me the following message:

"Looks like [the previous owner] must have messed with the bias because it was really low at 30ma. That would make it looser with not as much tight bottom end thump. I’ve got it back up to 38, where I set them and it sounds great."

The previous owner, from whom I bought the amp, did not disclose this information to me. So unfortunately, this review is not truly representative of the sound as Mark from MGL intended it and I want to fully disclose that information. I apologized to Mark and hope I can own an MGL 50 again in the future and do a review with the amp biased properly.

**FULL DISCLOSURE/UPDATE**

In this thread, I posted a video review of the MGL 50 HG because someone requested it. I sold that amp back to Mark from MGL soon after making the video. After Mark got the amp back, he examined it and sent me the following message:

The previous owner, from whom I bought the amp, did not disclose this information to me. So unfortunately, this review is not truly representative of the sound as Mark from MGL intended it and I want to fully disclose that information. I apologized to Mark and hope I can own an MGL 50 again in the future and do a review with the amp biased properly.

Your MGL video made it sound pretty good and it was biased cold? I can only imagine what it must sound like biased properly then.

I appreciate your demonstration and
‘good dude honesty’.
Now I can’t get Blue On Black outta’ my innerspeaker.
Argh!!!

Back