the top 10 most listened to electric guitars in history?

I would think that Tony Iommi's "Old Boy" Jaydee would be on more recordings and live performances than the Monkey?

s-l1200.webp
That’s a good call. Be interesting to know which of them has been heard more. From what I read, Old Boy turned up in the mid to late 70s, while Monkey turned up on the original 5 albums. Looking at how worn Old Boy is, that thing sure looks like it had a lot more use. That said, given the popularity of the earlier albums, I wonder what the final count for each would be….

If Lukather used one most of the time in the 80’s, he’s up there. Played on almost any major record that needed session guitar. Dan Huff’s guitar too.
I’m thinking Luke’s gorgeous honey/red burst quilted maple Valley Arts. Man, the tracks that baby must have laid down!

Yngwie’s ‘Play Loud’ Cream CBS Headstock Strat, affectionately called ‘The Duck’ ?

Vai’s ‘Green Meanie’ ??

That’s a good call. Be interesting to know which of them has been heard more. From what I read, Old Boy turned up in the mid to late 70s, while Monkey turned up on the original 5 albums. Looking at how worn Old Boy is, that thing sure looks like it had a lot more use. That said, given the popularity of the earlier albums, I wonder what the final count for each would be….
i love that he hasn’t tried to refinish it.

they have certainly sold a ton of albums and toured like crazy since the start. imagine how many times iron man and tony’s sg has actually been *heard*, between the official 33 M albums sold, radio play, cassette copies, napster, youtube, spotify, concerts….🤯

https://www.metalcastle.net/highest-selling-black-sabbath-albums-2022/

Back