The Ugly amp thread

I think FAB amps is a contender. Folded up street signs for chassis. 🤦‍♂️🤣
I was just thinking about Rob the other day. I wonder what he's up to these days. I actually heard some clips of his back in the day that were pretty good..but some of his designs were "unique" without a doubt. I always remember him talking about his dog Rottin Roti

^ Agreed. Of all the goofy retro looking amps made - those Wiggy's look pretty slammin'

Also, it is probably just my OCD but Friedman's do not look attractive to me. I know that look is based on the original Marshalls. Same on those.

oJ6bfsQ.jpg

iuRj8J2.jpg
I LOVE the look of the bottom one

Okay, I'll stir it up a little.

Orange Amplifiers

We all know the sound and history of the brand, but the look never made sense to me. Especially when you consider the metal and doom bands that sport them like a badge of honor. Why would you want your amp stack to look like a fucking fruit basket?

Okay, I'll stir it up a little.

Orange Amplifiers

We all know the sound and history of the brand, but the look never made sense to me. Especially when you consider the metal and doom bands that sport them like a badge of honor. Why would you want your amp stack to look like a fucking fruit basket?

I'm kind of indifferent about the orange tolex ones, but the black tolex Orange amps look rad as fuck to me

Being concerned about an amp’s appearance is treading too close to TGP territory for me personally. An amp is an inanimate functional box, like a prostitute or something.

Last edited:
I'm kind of indifferent about the orange tolex ones, but the black tolex Orange amps look rad as fuck to me
Agreed. But, the creation of the black tolex versions kinda speak to my point. Jim Root of Slipknot wanted to look evil as well as sound evil, so he had it done. If it wasn't broken, why did it get fixed?

Being concerned about an amp’s appearance is treading too close to TGP territory for me personally. An amp is an inanimate functional box, like a prostitute or something.
Maybe but if I'm going to take a chance and be with the 'right one' I want it too look good. Otherwise, it's a hard pass :yes:

so yeah....

hhHAq8W.jpg

Back