This is why I don't get Suhr guitars..?? ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05h5lYXi464&NR=1

I don't get why anyone in the right mind would go out and spend $3000+ on a Suhr ALDER Classic when you can get an American Deluxe for $1500 and change the pups. I'm saying the Suhr Classic because you're not going to compare a basswood S1 or S2 to an Alder guitar and if you do. The Strat comes out ahead even more. I don't get it :confused: and that Clapton guitar is not even a Deluxe, a Deluxe has locking tuners and abalone dots with a better heel. The Clapton just has better pups. I'm just noticing alot of videos lately with Suhrs getting treated like a red headed stepchild by Deluxe strats. So what's the deal? I know Suhrs are built incredibly well but..having to do it all over again would you pay $3000+ for a Suhr Classic when you can get 2 Deluxe Strats I don't expect much honesty but I'll ask either way.

Maybe I'm as retarded as Eric Johnson, SRV, Malmsteen, Clapton etc etc but I wouldn't get caught touching a basswood guitar in public.

Saying this because I had some extra cash that I was putting into a Bushmaster ACR but they sold out so I was thinking about a Suhr. Tried one and after throwing up (although they are gorgeous as hell) I grabbed an American Deluxe and it was no contest. I'm looking at $1500 for a Deluxe vs $2000+ for a basswood Suhr and $3000+ for a Suhr Alder Classic. My friend wouldn't even try palying the Suhr with distortion..he put it back immediately. It was defenitely a better feeling guitar due to the heel on a Suhr but that was it.

My favorite guitar is a Jackson Soloist and I own a custom shop that is NOT $3600 better than my Deluxe but I still like it more (all mahogany). I love my Soloist but I regret paying $3600 when I have a Deluxe that I go to more.
This is what I compared the Suhr to, some of my guitars. Yes, the Ibanez is basswood and I also have a music man axis but I didn't pay over $1000 for them. The Ibanez I got an incredible deal on brand new so I bought it.
IMG_0311.jpg

Play what you like. Like what you play. I ordered a Suhr classic T because to get the wood I wanted with the pickup combo I wanted in the color I wanted and with binding I was looking at custom shop prices from Fender. At that level the price difference is negligible and may have actually been in favor of Suhr and I think Suhr turns out a much more consistent product.

the custom shop Clapton is $3800 (description says Custom shop Fat 50 pickups) and It has 25db Midboost curcuit pushing that extra tone. My guess if you put the same boost curcuit in the Suhr it would sound nearly identical.

Not a suhr owner but I have a Big apple strat, Ibanez RG Prestige, an old Ibanez S series USA custom shop, a Soloist, and dinky, I like my RG the best. I did play a Suhr once and loved the way it felt but cannot afford to buy one or a Eric Clapton strat. I can honestly say the Suhr was put together alot better than any Strat I have played.

FriedChickenBandit":24tdw0qv said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05h5lYXi464&NR=1

I don't get why anyone in the right mind would go out and spend $3000+ on a Suhr ALDER Classic when you can get an American Deluxe for $1500 and change the pups. I'm saying the Suhr Classic because you're not going to compare a basswood S1 or S2 to an Alder guitar and if you do. The Strat comes out ahead even more. I don't get it :confused: and that Clapton guitar is not even a Deluxe, a Deluxe has locking tuners and abalone dots with a better heel. The Clapton just has better pups. I'm just noticing alot of videos lately with Suhrs getting treated like a red headed stepchild by Deluxe strats. So what's the deal? I know Suhrs are built incredibly well but..having to do it all over again would you pay $3000+ for a Suhr Classic when you can get 2 Deluxe Strats I don't expect much honesty but I'll ask either way.

Maybe I'm as retarded as Eric Johnson, SRV, Malmsteen, Clapton etc etc but I wouldn't get caught touching a basswood guitar in public.

Saying this because I had some extra cash that I was putting into a Bushmaster ACR but they sold out so I was thinking about a Suhr. Tried one and after throwing up (although they are gorgeous as hell) I grabbed an American Deluxe and it was no contest. I'm looking at $1500 for a Deluxe vs $2000+ for a basswood Suhr and $3000+ for a Suhr Alder Classic. My friend wouldn't even try palying the Suhr with distortion..he put it back immediately. It was defenitely a better feeling guitar due to the heel on a Suhr but that was it.

My favorite guitar is a Jackson Soloist and I own a custom shop that is NOT $3600 better than my Deluxe but I still like it more (all mahogany). I love my Soloist but I regret paying $3600 when I have a Deluxe that I go to more.
This is what I compared the Suhr to, some of my guitars. Yes, the Ibanez is basswood and I also have a music man axis but I didn't pay over $1000 for them. The Ibanez I got an incredible deal on brand new so I bought it.
IMG_0311.jpg

I've actually found that Basswood/Maple is a GREAT combo from Anderson, as well as Suhr. Very well balanced.

Oh....and I don't own either at the moment, so no horse in the race...just sayin' :D

I look at each guitar individually...there are winners and duds across all brands and all price ranges. I find the ones that are right me and my touch and tone, which ends up including everthing from reissue Danelectros to home-built mutts to production line Fenders/Ibbys to custom Andersons/Jacksons/Fenders/Gibsons and others.

I don't get why anyone in the right mind would go out and spend $1500+ on an American Deluxe ALDER Classic when you can get a Squier Affinity Strat for $180 and change the pups. I'm saying the American Deluxe because you're not going to compare a mahogany Jim Root Telecaster to an Alder guitar and if you do. The Strat comes out ahead even more. I don't get it :confused: and that American Deluxe guitar is not even a Squier, a Squier has traditional tuners and traditional dots with a traditional heel. The American Deluxe just has better pups. I'm just noticing alot of videos lately with Fenders getting treated like a red headed stepchild by Squier strats. So what's the deal? I know Fenders are built incredibly well but..having to do it all over again would you pay $1500+ for a Fender Deluxe when you can get 8 Squier Strats I don't expect much honesty but I'll ask either way.

etc. etc.

FriedChickenBandit":14951g3h said:
That is hilarious and sad all at once! :LOL: :LOL: :no:
My favorite guitar has a basswood body. Basswood can be a great tonewood, it's light, porous and very resonant.

Randy Van Sykes":2mfgg1uh said:
FriedChickenBandit":2mfgg1uh said:
My favorite guitar has a basswood body. Basswood can be a great tonewood, it's light, porous and very resonant.

This guy is just like Carlygtr's retarded little brother.
Don't pay mind to his antics. If you look up his posts, they are quite disturbing and pathetic.
He is simply trying to get a rise out of people to compensate for his lack of talent and knowledge.
He has the ultimate internet talent.

Ancient Alien":498zux6c said:
Randy Van Sykes":498zux6c said:
FriedChickenBandit":498zux6c said:

Don't pay mind to his antics. If you look up his posts, they are quite disturbing and pathetic.
He is simply trying to get a rise out of people to compensate for his lack of talent and knowledge.
Oh Ok, I didn't know there could be another like Carl. :LOL: :LOL:

Randy Van Sykes":2ae685wi said:
Ancient Alien":2ae685wi said:
Randy Van Sykes":2ae685wi said:
FriedChickenBandit":2ae685wi said:

Oh Ok, I didn't know there could be another like Carl. :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, only this one is even dumber if that is even possible :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :yes: :yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Suhr guitars play like a dream, but I haven't seen one that's my cup of tea. I couldn't really warrant spending that much on a production guitar, but the people who play Suhr are often fanatics, with good reason.

Even if it produced the same tone, which in my opinion it doesn't, it is the feel of the guitar. They play so well, with nearly no effort.

I see your point of view though. Not like I wouldn't be happy with something other than a suhr :D

Code001":36e8dnfh said:
I don't get why anyone in the right mind would go out and spend $1500+ on an American Deluxe ALDER Classic when you can get a Squier Affinity Strat for $180 and change the pups. I'm saying the American Deluxe because you're not going to compare a mahogany Jim Root Telecaster to an Alder guitar and if you do. The Strat comes out ahead even more. I don't get it :confused: and that American Deluxe guitar is not even a Squier, a Squier has traditional tuners and traditional dots with a traditional heel. The American Deluxe just has better pups. I'm just noticing alot of videos lately with Fenders getting treated like a red headed stepchild by Squier strats. So what's the deal? I know Fenders are built incredibly well but..having to do it all over again would you pay $1500+ for a Fender Deluxe when you can get 8 Squier Strats I don't expect much honesty but I'll ask either way.

etc. etc.

Give me a Hello Kitty Squier, Marshall practice amp (MG30DFX) and I'm set. You can't get any better than that

I would even begin to compare a Suhr to a Fender as far as build quality goes. You buy what you like, and who cares what others are doing.

Speaking of Clapton, doesn't John still ghost build his personal strats? :LOL: :LOL:

When I bought my Ibanez, the guy was selling a couple of Suhrs as well. I played them all and came home with the RGT220A. The Suhrs were great playing guitars, but not an additional $1k great. I'd love to own one, but not for the prices that they are asking. I mean no disrespect to those with Suhr guitars.

DSC_0001.jpg

Back