This one should appeal to the "tan pants" crowd.. NGD

War_in_D

Yup, it's a PRS. Been jonesing for another PRS here lately, and finally settled on the McCarty 594 since I find myself playing my LP's a bit more lately. But, I'm a cheap bastid and didn't want to pay what folks were asking for them, and the patience finally paid off. This one popped up on GC used for around $500-$1000 less than the "going price" I was seeing. So, I took the chance. Showed up yesterday, but needed a DEEP clean and new strings and a setup. After the scrubby-scrubby bath, and set up with a new set of 10's.. it's good to go. Not a 10 top, but decent figuring. Playing on my 1x12 practice amp (Peavey Ultra 112), this thing sounds chuncky and sustains for days. I need to play though one of the bigger rigs but so far, I think it's gonna be a keeper. For some reason, in the pics it has almost a purple cast to it but it's what they call a faded charcoal.

PRS 594.jpg

PRS 594-2.jpg

McCartys are really nice guitars!! PRS got the 594 right in so many ways. Your guitar’s finish is awesome by the way!

Nothing wrong with PRS, workmanship is second to none. If it sounds good its 👍

This is the one thing I have to conceed to PRS for sure. I've bought many LP's online over the years (basically, no stock around these parts), and I've bought a few PRS's. I've never worried about a PRS showing up needing anything, sounding dead or being a boat anchor.. Sure, they might need a good clean and setup, but that's not the guitar's fault.

Thanks! And, yeah.. I don't either so I hope there isn't some kind of "rejection" like you get with a liver transplant or something like that. :ROFLMAO:
No worries....I'm a card carrying headbanger from way back and I have a 594 (among other PRS). No tan pants required. Just rock that thing.

I think about half the post on TGP are just people trolling. Some of them are so far out there, they almost have to be. But, then again... :ROFLMAO:
As of late I’ve been noticing that too. I almost wanted to post over there the latest JHS video showing the $35 Klone sounding exactly like the $7000 OG unit but the adult in me refrained from doing so LOL!!

IMO, can't go wrong with any Core PRS. I've been playing Custom 24s pretty much exclusively since the early 90's (though I've had many other PRS models) and they are, in my mind, the best feeling, playing, sounding guitars I've ever played. Now, don't get me wrong, I do occasionally stray (went through a Les Paul Custom phase recently) but, I always come back to what I know and love. And, I've Never worn tan pants or shorts!

My two latest lovelys.

1654365436686.jpeg

1654365467967.jpeg

Back