Thoughts on the KHE ACS 4×4 - Amplifier Cabinet Switcher?

ners

https://www.khe-audioelectronics.com/shop/acs-4x4
I'm considering picking one of these up and building a small rack for more utility gear (this, attenuator, power, etc).

I'm super lazy and don't use my other heads enough because rewiring everything is annoying, so I figured this could help a lot with that. Also I want to get a second 212 and if I run them all (4 speakers across 2 cabs) separately I can use this switcher to essentially mix and match a 212 on the fly.

I have a KHE switcher and it is excellent. Great construction, I was able to email the company owner directly when I had a question and got a quick response. I crank Plexi-style amps through them all the time and they've never given me a moment's concern. And it was easily integrated into my switching system with MIDI.

Can't recommend them enough.

I use one and it actually lets me use the pile of heads in my house without having to move cables around. Totally worth it to run all this

68464B5C-7A78-4C0F-8E36-563384B1F709.jpeg

Good units, no issues with ours.

Hard to search KHE on this site (too short), but plenty of threads here in case you didn't know how to search externally: KHE on R-T (y)

So I could use two heads, two cabs, one combo amp and switch them between my Fryette PowerStation?

So I could use two heads, two cabs, one combo amp and switch them between my Fryette PowerStation?
Yup. Beware your impedances & power in case your cabs/combo don't all align well, since these things are considered "pass through".

Yup. Beware your impedances & power in case your cabs/combo don't all align well, since these things are considered "pass through".
Ahhhh
I started wondering about that.
One cab is 16 ohm, other is 8 and combo is 8

These types of switchers coming to market over the last few years have been amazing - as others have said, wiring up once and having 'quick access' without rewiring has really helped me more use my gear more regularly.

Specific to the KHE, while I don't own one (specific reason for this, see below), my friends have had their units for a good while, and they function exactly as described.

I use a DeLisle 7x7 Switcher due to one key functional difference. With the DeLisle, I can assign a head per cabinet, and run multiple amps at the same time (Amp 1 with Cab 2 / Amp 2 with Cab 5 as a stereo rig). Granted, I do need to use a separate unit for input switching, but I prefer to have that on my board anyway. While the KHE can't do this (it only allows speakers assigned to a single amp at a time), it does have input switching and MIDI, so really comes down to the specific functional combination that's most important to you. The KHE will run two cabs on a single amp, but need to make sure you're comfortable with the resulting impedance mismatch.

Either way, I definitely recommend an amp/cab switcher - amazing units for creativity and ease of use with this sort of equipment!

Do iiiittt. One of the best pieces of gear i ever got. So convenient. Only thing i wish it had was a global effects loop without having to use each amps loop. But once wired up, no big deal. Just need a hell of a lot of cables.

Back