Tips for restringing an Edge Pro/Edge II Bridge.

CaseyCor

Mostly having trouble with getting the bridge flush with the body, and that it just takes me 3 hours to re-string :doh:

Any tips?

Same gauge/make on as you're taking off

One string at a time.....or block the entire trem roughly in tune and then tune to pitch before removing.

JKD":4938btye said:

One string at a time.....or block the entire trem roughly in tune and then tune to pitch before removing.

This.

Every gauge/brand has a different tension. And changing each string one by one really helps. I used to have alot of trouble, back when I was taking them all off then putting them back on one by one.

Tawlks":10nrj4ey said:
JKD":10nrj4ey said:

This.

Every gauge/brand has a different tension. And changing each string one by one really helps. I used to have alot of trouble, back when I was taking them all off then putting them back on one by one.
Oh, I know that one.

Keep 'em coming guys :thumbsup:

Get some kind of object to jam the trem so it's flush with the body or slightly raised, I used a pencil or the backplate from my guitar, it worked (these are LFRs, not Edge's)

Doing that, put the strings on, then tune it up to standard, if it's the right tension, then pulling it slightly sharp from standard will allow the object (pencil, backplate, whatever) to slide away, then you can make your slight adjustments. Gets you 90% of the way there safely.

Back