Tonal difference between G12M & G12H vs V30?

Doubleneck

I've always used V30's and know how they sound.

What are the tonal difference's between a G12M & G12H.

There are so many variations G12M, G12M Heritage, G12M Anniversary, Scumback M75 etc... G12H, G12H Heritage, G12H Anniversary, Scumback H75 etc...?

That's a pretty cool comparison video. IMO the H30 dominated everything else for rhythms and lead. That's a very balanced speaker. The V30's sounded ok for rhythm but sounded like arse on the lead.

The Eminence sounded very unbalanced and the Tone Tubby's sounded like shit. I wish they would've thrown in a CL80.

Only thing is, it's really hard to make one's mind up with a comparo that doesn't take into account cabinet wood/design, amp, ax, etc. Speakers can sound different in different rooms, with differing floors, everything. It's a tough call. V30's sound awesome once they're cranked, but otherwise sound a bit crispy. G12M's are always smooth and fine, but again, it's all about the other variables...

V.

Ventura":1hodoqa9 said:
Only thing is, it's really hard to make one's mind up with a comparo that doesn't take into account cabinet wood/design, amp, ax, etc. Speakers can sound different in different rooms, with differing floors, everything. It's a tough call. V30's sound awesome once they're cranked, but otherwise sound a bit crispy. G12M's are always smooth and fine, but again, it's all about the other variables...

V.
Troof.^^ I'd like to try an H30/CL80 combo in my 212.

glassjaw7":pcrfl46m said:
... and the Tone Tubby's sounded like shit. ...

I have tried many speakers and the tone tubby ceramic is my favorite so far. I dont think the video represent the tubbies well because they require totally different amp settings than paper cones. they NEED more treble and presence on the amp and also a little less bass than a paper speaker. I play tight high gain metal with mine, something the dark mush represented by that video wouldn't do well.

dont let this video sway your opinions too far, you gotta play em in your rig to decide.

moltenmetalburn":h0qmd3bw said:
glassjaw7":h0qmd3bw said:
... and the Tone Tubby's sounded like shit. ...

I have tried many speakers and the tone tubby ceramic is my favorite so far. I dont think the video represent the tubbies well because they require totally different amp settings than paper cones. they NEED more treble and presence on the amp and also a little less bass than a paper speaker. I play tight high gain metal with mine, something the dark mush represented by that video wouldn't do well.

dont let this video sway your opinions too far, you gotta play em in your rig to decide.
I've tried tone tubby cabs before and I actually liked them. Played a bogner shiva through one, but I'm not sure what speakers were in it, only that they were tone tubby speakers.
They did however sound awful in this video, but as you stated, that doesn't mean they sound like ass in every application.

Back