Too Much Dave Grohl

Foo fighters, lol, that stuff is cringeworthy. He knows he's a hack so I guess he has that going for him. He still comes across as smug. He sold his soul to the devil and didn't even get any chops out of the deal. That's pretty bad. He was cooler when he was just the drummer for Nirvana and you can keep that stuff too but at least it's listenable.

Foo fighters, lol, that stuff is cringeworthy. He knows he's a hack so I guess he has that going for him. He still comes across as smug. He sold his soul to the devil and didn't even get any chops out of the deal. That's pretty bad. He was cooler when he was just the drummer for Nirvana and you can keep that stuff too but at least it's listenable.
Nah, Dave was a great drummer.

IMG_20240318_211345.jpg

I agree 311% but then, he's not my monkey wrench.

Hated Nirvana, don't like his music at all. I mean it's got sort of a Nickelback vibe to it. I guess it's good Rock music, but meh....

And yes, he needs to go away for a while.

Hated Nirvana, don't like his music at all. I mean it's got sort of a Nickelback vibe to it. I guess it's good Rock music, but meh....

And yes, he needs to go away for a while.
I didn't like alternative except for STP. They were the best band. Honorable mention to AIC but I always considered them more of a hard rock or metal group more than alternative.

not my favorite genre but some good music did come out of the grunge era…killed many a brain cell listening to temple of the dog…

"gets me some fire" ...
After i survived da 80's i missed the grunge thing & music in general the 90's.
Was running a business & raising 2 kids. [not mine].
The Mother was violent but the sex was mind-blowing.
The real emotional women are usually good in the sack.

I don’t like all their stuff, but I see the dude as a modern Tom Petty or Billy Joel type, not reinventing the wheel, just writing catchy rock tunes that become the soundtrack for people’s lives at various points.

This could have been on any Petty record and worked just fine-

If I looked to every band to break a mold or blow me away, I’d be a pretty bummed out dude without a lot to listen to.

I just learned “The Pretender” yesterday to audition for a cover band, I’ve always loved that tune. The whole song is only 3 chords with a couple tiny riffs in between. If I could write a song that sold that many fuckin’ albums with only 3 chords, I wouldn’t have a complaint in the world.

Last edited:
The whole song is only 3 chords with a couple tiny riffs in between. If I could write a song that sold that many fuckin’ albums with only 3 chords, I wouldn’t have a complaint in the world.
You know this one then I take it Drew:

What's the difference between a jazz guitarist and a rock guitarist?
A jazz guitarist plays 2000 chords to 3 people and a rock guitarist plays 3 chords to 2000 people. :LOL:

I like some of his old music, but him going on every single music documentary and saying that band was the "most influential" band to him is stale. Every band ever is his favorite most influential.

I like some of his old music, but him going on every single music documentary and saying that band was the "most influential" band to him is stale. Every band ever is his favorite most influential.

I always read gripes like this in the literal sense (happens in Blabbermouth comments all the time)-

This presents the idea that Dave looks for documentaries to appear on so he can say every band is his favorite, when in actuality, someone had to ask him to appear on it and if he gave an answer like “Yeah, I like Grand Funk Railroad” the producer would most certainly ask him to give an answer with some life to it.

I can imagine the director watching playback, “We paid $10K for Dave Grohl to speak on camera for 60 seconds and that’s all you got from him? ‘I like Grand Funk Railroad’?!?!?!”

Back