Torn between amps for "the one".... help please

Sounds like the Recto’s may just not be for you, but the older 2 channel ones do sound richer, more organic. They all have that sag, but that’s also part of what makes them great at the same time, but maybe just not suited for what you want

Yes, the mark IV’s or earlier marks I think can all potentially be up your alley based on what you said. The Uber’s, particularly the earliest versions are to me the easiest feeling amps to play, lotta fun
Interesting. I had an Uber and did not like it at all. That’s when I was still in my band and could crank it. Not an enjoyable experience.
To the contrary, I gigged an early Dual Racto that was so fun to play for many years. The clean was rough, but I made it work.
DR, tube screamer, a little echo…..done.

Interesting. I had an Uber and did not like it at all. That’s when I was still in my band and could crank it. Not an enjoyable experience.
To the contrary, I gigged an early Dual Racto that was so fun to play for many years. The clean was rough, but I made it work.
Well the later Revisions I wasn't too crazy about (especially the Twin Jet), but the earliest ones, particularly the Rev 1 is a different story for me and also I dial them in almost the opposite to how I'd normally dial in my other amps. My Rev D Dual boosted with my Klon especially is a pretty awesome sound, but if I was forced to choose one it would be my Rev 1 Uber for me. A few other things, I have it biased colder than the manual would recommend, which imo helps it sound tighter and clearer and I did not like it at all with the JJ KT77's it came with, but with literally any EL34 quad I've tried I thought it sounded killer (Winged C's being the clear winners along with either those, Beijing Foil Getters or Genalex gold pin CV4004's in the pre-tubes). It's a very over the top amp that I'd only use for metal or shred (not much else), but one of my favorite all time amps for what it excels at. The later revisions seemed to get tamer and lose the balls

how accurate would you say this video is ? side by side even with a looser low end I like that the boogie better in this video actually because the highs still cut through nicely without being over the top

it sounds like the rev blue lacks high end grind and balls here tbh

mesa also makes a more convenient recto head thats great for studio and home use

how accurate would you say this video is ? side by side even with a looser low end I like that the boogie better in this video actually because the highs still cut through nicely without being over the top

it sounds like the rev blue lacks high end grind and balls here tbh

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mesa also makes a more convenient recto head thats great for studio and home use

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I couldn’t get it to play?
1663043055048.png

I see. Thought the green was the orginial. Either way holy fk that rev blue sounds amazing and almost perfectly balanced with heavy bass, mids and high gain. im done over thinking it. Im dead set on the uber.
Green and Original are pretty much the same thing.

There's about 125 or so originals made and then Greens came after that.

Originals and Greens have a 'jewel' power light whereas the Blues have a smaller blue power light.
Originals have a plastic/rubber Marshall style handle whereas the Greens became leather handle I think.

The gain on the original is pretty much 'all or nothing' with how fast it comes on. Apparently this was smoothed out to be more gradual on the Green.

Tonally I believe the originals and Greens pretty much sound the same or very very close.
Blues tonally sounded a little different as per the video.

All of them are very good though in my opinion, just comes down to personal taste regarding some of those differences.

I definitely agree. Thats why until recently I only played RR1s until Jackson decided to make the USA standard production line cost as much as custom shop guitars. Im also the type of guy who keeps things simple and hates the whole GAS and tone chasing BS because you're never happy with anything at the end of the day. I strongly believe in the "if aint broke dont fix it" way of thinking. I find something that wows me and I stick with it.

I dont need 10 different amps or 20 different guitars that all feel and sound different. I just want that one evil sounding amp that gives me the tone that I want. Thats all ill ever use for everything. Ill still keep my peavey and maybe use it to tone match covers but it probably won't see much play time after I get a Bogner.
I used to own a Green revision Uber, very fun amp to play! I agree, you don't need 10 amps or 20 guitars, that is ludicrous. Maybe 1 or 2 guitars and amps is about right in my opinion and 2 cents.

There is no "The one" amp. Eventually, you will want something the amp does not deliver. I rotate 3 or 4 and I only play in my studio.

One of my buddies bought a "clone" of an uberschall from some Chinese manufacturer. God I wish I could remember the name of that company but needless to say it was absolutely nothing like an uber or any other functional amp. Not sure what my friend or the builder were thinking.

Anyway if there is anything I've learned over the years is go with what you want not what you have heard demos of. You like the Bogner and have first hand experience with it.

I always settle for something then I'm still looking at what I wanted originally. Then I end up selling the amp I bought for a loss to get what I really wanted go begin with.

I used to own a Green revision Uber, very fun amp to play! I agree, you don't need 10 amps or 20 guitars, that is ludicrous. Maybe 1 or 2 guitars and amps is about right in my opinion and 2 cents.
2 guitars in total ? I should’ve clarified I meant I like the consistency of using the same one or two models.

No way would I be happy with just two.

I use way too many different tunings. I’ll stop my collection after 1 more RR1 (at 3 already) and a MIA fender for classic stuff … hopefully.

….. almost forgot I still need a 7 string too as I was typing ……

Back