Torpedo Captor 16 impedance question

sleep80

Hello everyone! This is my first post here, and im wondering if somebody can help me out. I have a Twonotes Torpedo Captor 16. I want to use it as an attenuator, but my cab is rated at 8 ohms. (there is no way to rewire it to 16). Is it safe to use my Orange Dark Terror (8 ohms) through the Captor 16 ohms (20 dB attenuation connections) and into my 8 ohm cab? Thank you very much!

Hi @sleep80

Thanks for getting in touch. Ross from Two notes here. The Dark Terror has a 16Ω output. We would suggest connecting the 16Ω output of your Amp to the red nut input of the Captor and then your cab to the ATT output of the loadbox. This way, your amp and Captor loads are matched and your amp will only see the load of the Captor. Your speaker impedance in this connectivity scenario will then be irrelevant and your setup will be completely safe to use!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with today.

Kind regards,

Ross

Hi @sleep80

Thanks for getting in touch. Ross from Two notes here. The Dark Terror has a 16Ω output. We would suggest connecting the 16Ω output of your Amp to the red nut input of the Captor and then your cab to the ATT output of the loadbox. This way, your amp and Captor loads are matched and your amp will only see the load of the Captor. Your speaker impedance in this connectivity scenario will then be irrelevant and your setup will be completely safe to use!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with today.

Kind regards,

Ross
Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Back