Torpedo Captor 4 Ohm with 8 ohm cabinet

SebK

Hello,

I already have the torpedo captor 4 ohm, that I mainly use as an attenuator.
I recently bought a mesa boogie rectifier 4x12 cab, which is 8 ohms.

Can I use the 4 ohm output of my amplifier to the 4ohm torpedo captor and into the 8 ohm cabinet using the 20dB attenuation?

The manual states "The speaker cabinet plugged in the ATT output can have a different impedance than the amp.", but I'm not entirely sure...

Thanks!

Good morning SebK,

Thanks so much for reaching out - great question. You should certainly use the 4-Ohm output of your amplifier and connect this to the 4-Ohm speaker input of your Torpedo Captor. Then connect the Captor to your cabinet. Finally, set the VOLUME LEVEL on LOW or the halfway position so the attenuator is in use. The impedance of the cabinet connected to the speaker output does not have any impact on the impedance seen by the amp. You can keep the cabinet connected at all times to the Captor when the attenuator is in use.

Please let us know if this helps and if there is anything else we can help to clarify!

Kind regards,

Ross

Good morning SebK,

Thanks so much for reaching out - great question. You should certainly use the 4-Ohm output of your amplifier and connect this to the 4-Ohm speaker input of your Torpedo Captor. Then connect the Captor to your cabinet. Finally, set the VOLUME LEVEL on LOW or the halfway position so the attenuator is in use. The impedance of the cabinet connected to the speaker output does not have any impact on the impedance seen by the amp. You can keep the cabinet connected at all times to the Captor when the attenuator is in use.

Please let us know if this helps and if there is anything else we can help to clarify!

Kind regards,

Ross
thanks for the information and great customer service!

Hi @SebK,

Not a problem at all - we are happy to help. Please dont hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,

Ross

Back