Torpedo Captor X silent recording

ChrisBond

Hi guys, I'm using my captor X only with my headphones at moment. I'm very very happy with the sound coming out, and that is very inspiring. The only problem is when I'm going to plug it through the xlr's to the audio interface for record something, the sound is kind of garbage compared to the the one from the captor headphones direct out, on distorted sound in particular. I mean is still ok but you know, you find your settings on the amp, got the right tone, and then you have to tweak everything again. I'm using a focusrite scarlett 4i2 and I thought that the preamps were good in this, but I'm reconsidering my opinion. You guys have the same feedback on this? Should I buy an expensive audio interface or maybe there something that I still can do for try to reach that sound?

Still the headphones! Now I've discovered that the two inputs that I have in the back should bypass the preamp section. Tomorrow I'll do some test and report back here.

Hello @ChrisBond

How are the gain setting in your interface? Are you able to monitor that you are not clipping the input of your interface?
What is the routing you are using to record through XLR? Stereo or DualMono? Have you panned teh two tracks hard left and hard right in your DAW?

Back