Torpedo Live Questions

Blackie08

Hello,

I am interested in the torpedo live to use for recording at home and for gigs going direct to FOH.

My question is for home recording, what should my signal path be when using the torpedo live?

My thought was Suhr/CAA PT100 speaker out--> Rivera Rockcrusher attenuator (connected to my 2x12 16ohm cab)--> Line out of Rockcrusher into Torpedo Live--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface--> reaper or ableton live DAW

Do I even need the Rockcrusher? Could I just go from my amp head to torpedo live into the 2i2 and into my DAW and monitor the sound from my studio monitors?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Blackie08, in your set-up the Rockcrusher is indeed optional unless you wish to use your cabinet onstage with an attenuated volume. nb if you can use the cab at whatever volume the PT-100's master is at, then just the Torpedo is fine. The Torpedo will also work for using the head without a cabinet either in the studio or live.

The thru jack connects to your speaker and automatically disengages the integrate loadbox in the Torpedo so you can easily and quickly go from your live to studio set-up and back without hassles.

Andy

Cool. So all I need is PT100-->Torpedo Live-->scarlett 2i2-->DAW for recording

And PT100-->Torpedo Live-->mixer/FOH for live.

Sweet. Thx Andy

This is correct, for live, my may want to make sure you have a TRS 1/4" balanced to XLR Male cable if the mixing console isn't close to the Torpedo for the Torpedo's output.

Andy

Back