Torpedo Reload?

Well, actually it was too crazy noisy to do a proper clip with the reload. We have a few guitar players using Torpedo Live and C.A.B., but I didn't find really interesting to make you listen to the reload attenuator with 100 dB of background noise... ;)

Videos will come, be sure of that. ;)

Whoever is doing the demos, it'd be cool to see the attenuation aspect of the reload and some recordings using the DI and WOS for some sounds.

You definitely don't want to see me playing (I found a VB-101 video of me playing at the 2008 or 2009 Musikmesse where a nice person wrote i the Youtube comments "and this guy with his crapy playing expects us to spend that much in this s..t?").

So I'll find someone to do that. ^^

The Torpedo Reload is just going to be awesome!
It has absolutely everything I`ve been looking for in the last days. I loved the DI feature and the constant impedance for no tone loss!
My neighbors wont need to kill me anymore!

Just one question: Are you going to offer pre order or waiting list?

Best Regards,
Luiz

Just one question: Are you going to offer pre order or waiting list?

Thank you Luiz for the kind words!

Actually we only do pre-orders for our distributors, we don't want to make people angry because we are holding their money for too much time, that is simply not something I want to do. ;) When the product will be released, you will be able to order it from your store. ;)

Hey guillaume, on the back of the Reload, what is the difference in the Loadbox Output and DI Output?

Also, does the Reload always need to be plugged into a cabinet even when you have it set to maximum attenuation?

what is the difference in the Loadbox Output and DI Output?

If you plug a guitar in the Instrument input, you will get the sound of your guitar on the DI output (microphone level, balanced, like any DI).

If you plug the speaker output of your amp, you will get its sound on the Loadbox output (the same microphone level, balanced). There is a -15dB pad on this output.

does the Reload always need to be plugged into a cabinet even when you have it set to maximum attenuation?

Not at all: the reload is a loadbox, so you don't have to plug a cabinet to the speaker output. The input and the output of the speaker section on the reload are isolated.

For example, you may use the 8 ohms output of your amp and a 4 Ohms cabinet. No problem.

guillaume_pille":25ivm3vj said:
If you plug a guitar in the Instrument input, you will get the sound of your guitar on the DI output (microphone level, balanced, like any DI).

If you plug the speaker output of your amp, you will get its sound on the Loadbox output (the same microphone level, balanced). There is a -15dB pad on this output.
Ah, I should've pieced that together.

guillaume_pille":25ivm3vj said:
Not at all: the reload is a loadbox, so you don't have to plug a cabinet to the speaker output. The input and the output of the speaker section on the reload are isolated.

For example, you may use the 8 ohms output of your amp and a 4 Ohms cabinet. No problem.
Ok, cool. That's what I thought. I was just making sure because of the sticker on the back saying to keep the amp hooked up to a suitable load. Just looking to be clear on that.

So, June?

I was just making sure because of the sticker on the back saying to keep the amp hooked up to a suitable load

The embedded loadbox in the Reload IS a suitable load. ;) But your question makes sense, most attenuators need a cabinet plugged, this is not the case here.

So, June?

Well, we're too late for June, we aim at July. ;)

really looking forward to trying it. I am thinking whether at the end of the day it would be a better platform for recording than say using a torpedo live. In the most practical sense, the only difference I see is the line out using 1/4 of the live vs. the mic out from the reload. Should I worry that I will get some preamp coloration with the reload?

Should I worry that I will get some preamp coloration with the reload?

You should be happy to be able to ADD preamp color to the sound. ;)

Anyway, the DI and Loadbox outputs are quite powerful so you can send them to a line input (preferably balanced).

got mine yesterday.

as an attenuator it works incredibly fine, getting the same feelings that I have at High volume, power tubes can express themselves now !

the WOS processing surprised me. I can change all parameters even after I recorded my track. it's just great !!!

Got one a few days ago- it's incredible. Such a good sounding unit, as an attenuator (or technically, a load/reamp), as one would expect, because it's got the terrific load from Two Notes.

I haven't used the recording features yet... More to come....

With the Reload, the impedance is constant and identical to a speaker's.

Hi, what exactly are meaning when you're saying that the impedance is constant? With respect to what?
In a real normal loudspeaker, as the ones normally used in guitar speaker cabs, the impedance is highly dynamic and dependant on the frequency. In its "normal" region this relationship is all linear while in its extreme (when the speaker is saturated) also non-linear effects needs to be modelled.

Thanks.

In a real normal loudspeaker, as the ones normally used in guitar speaker cabs, the impedance is highly dynamic and dependant on the frequency. In its "normal" region this relationship is all linear while in its extreme (when the speaker is saturated) also non-linear effects needs to be modelled.

Hi 666strings, please take a look at the definition of the electrical impedance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_impedance

It is implicit that the circuit (or the cabinet) will behave differently, depending on the frequency of the input signal. ;) This said, is you have some literature about the impedance changing with the input level, I'd be glad to read it.

Another thing are the non-linear effects. They are modeled in WoS III and Torpedo VB-101 (Overload). This said, I would recommend using this parameter wisely. The kind of distortion generated by a speaker is way different from a traditional "guitar distortion" effect.

Back