Trace, which Marshall do you perfer from the reissues.....

Digital Jams

To have your Jose installed and also PPMV?

50 or 100 watt?
HW or PCB?

If you had to pick one for yourself which one would you take?

Trace, which Marshall do you prefer from the reissues to have your Jose installed and also PPMV? 50 or 100 watt? HW or PCB?

As far as performing the work there is not one that is any easier than another and they all sound very similar to one another but if you want that little extra something (IE: the x-factor) then the 1959HW would be the way to go. I hear and feel a difference but please keep in mind that for most this is splitting hairs.

Master Volume:
The HG-Jose Mod comes with a Master Volume so there is not a need for a PPIMV. Note: The PPIMV does not work well with the HG-Jose Mod and therefore it is not recommended.

If you had to pick one for yourself which one would you take?

If budget and wattage are not a concern I would go with the 1959HW series. If they are a concern then any 1987/1959 model will work as will any JCM800 2204/2203.

Have a very Merry Christmas!
Trace

How much different is the HG- Jose mod than your V-Rock series? Just curious. THe V-Rock is a pretty cool amp. I just wish I still had my old 2 channel WD. THat thing smoked!!!

I played a v-rock about 18 months ago (we had a local dealer for a while) and I liked it a lot. I think Trace has made some changes since then so I'm really curious about it and its 2 channel brother. :yes:

PeteLaramee":jdp5729l said:
I played a v-rock about 18 months ago (we had a local dealer for a while) and I liked it a lot. I think Trace has made some changes since then so I'm really curious about it and its 2 channel brother. :yes:
I have a 50Watt V-Rock with some mods that Trace had done last spring. I think its a great amp. Just curious as to how different the mod is to this amp.

How much different is the HG- Jose mod than your V-Rock series? Just curious. THe V-Rock is a pretty cool amp.

The Platinum HG-Jose Mod is similar. By comparison the V-Rock has a little more bottom end on tap, it's a bit smoother and has a little more harmonically rich.

I just wish I still had my old 2 channel WD. THat thing smoked!!!

I do remember that exact amp and it sounded great. I'm not certain who purchased it to but it has not come into be serviced and we have never been contacted by the new owner. If you ever come by it again please let me know.

Thanks and happy holidays Dan!
Trace

Dan & Pete;

There have been updates to the V-Rock based on endorsee and player feedback. We are happy to update any V-Rock or customize them based on each players individual needs. The V-Rocks have been the same for several months now and everyone has been very happy.

Have a great Friday night guys! :)
Trace

voodooamps":3cmltonr said:
Dan & Pete;

There have been updates to the V-Rock based on endorsee and player feedback. We are happy to update any V-Rock or customize them based on each players individual needs. The V-Rocks have been the same for several months now and everyone has been very happy.

Have a great Friday night guys! :)
Trace
Trace, has it been updated since late May/June? You had tweaked mine for more gain out of what was there as you could not add the extra gain stage. It also has the classic/aggressive mod, and the gain boost. I tell ya, this amp just sounds huge!!!

I've said it on HC and I'll say it again here, Trace is the epitome of a class act. My next amp will be a Voodoo, just as soon as I can quit this whole "I'm poor and in college" thing.

Trace, has it been updated since late May/June?

For the most part your amp is pretty pretty up to date Dan. There are couple tweaks that in my opinion balance the mids just a little bit more and make the amp smoother/easier to play.

You had tweaked mine for more gain out of what was there as you could not add the extra gain stage.

I do recall your amp, I really enjoyed it when it was done :) It's a great sounding 50 watter!

It also has the classic/aggressive mod, and the gain boost. I tell ya, this amp just sounds huge!!!

I'm glad you are enjoying the tones my friend, truly! I remember that exact amp and the gain was pretty cool. A fair amount of players ask for the added gain stage/Brutal Mode but in my opinion the Rock Mode has enough gain for 80's hard rock/metal. Do you find your amp has enough gain for you tastes?

Happy Holidays Dan!
Trace

voodooamps":1cyghfe4 said:
Do you find your amp has enough gain for you tastes?
It has more than I usually dial in. I use an OD/boost if I need more, but for 90% of what I do, its perfect:) I do remember mentioning that it was not as smooth or easy to play as my Cameron, but it has an aggressive thing that I makes it different in a cool way.

danhops":2g615fl5 said:
voodooamps":2g615fl5 said:
Do you find your amp has enough gain for you tastes?
It has more than I usually dial in. I use an OD/boost if I need more, but for 90% of what I do, its perfect:) I do remember mentioning that it was not as smooth or easy to play as my Cameron, but it has an aggressive thing that I makes it different in a cool way.

Yeah I think you did say that to me now that I am thinking. See that is my big thing and that is feel as I don not want to fight the amp if it is a true high gain switcher, I dont mind fighting a PLexi type amp but for high gain I want ease please :yes:

I am still on the fence for my MArshall type thing, Dan maybe you and I can nail down a date so I have to plan a trip to Trace's shop.

danhops":2wglh6u1 said:
Trace, has it been updated since late May/June? You had tweaked mine for more gain out of what was there as you could not add the extra gain stage. It also has the classic/aggressive mod, and the gain boost. I tell ya, this amp just sounds huge!!!
They do sound huge! I have a 50wt VRock in a 1x12 combo. It sounds like 100wt 1/2 stack!! I let Alan Phillips of Carol-Ann Amps play it, and he could not believe that tone was coming out of an open-backed 1x12 combo.

It's a great circuit, for sure. :rock:

Where did you go Dan???

Lets set up a road trip to Trace's place, I'll drive and bring the Yukon just in case one of us wants to walk out with something :yes:

Digital Jams":2n3ahz8h said:
Where did you go Dan???

Lets set up a road trip to Trace's place, I'll drive and bring the Yukon just in case one of us wants to walk out with something :yes:
Dude, I dont know whether I am coming or going these days. No new shit for me I'll tell ya that. I'm done. Trades maybe, but nothing is just showing up anymore. Out the door is more like it once the economy picks up.

When are you thinking of doing this trip? I am stuck most weekends through the middle of February on a recording gig.

danhops":8fq8nabk said:
Digital Jams":8fq8nabk said:
Where did you go Dan???

Dude, I dont know whether I am coming or going these days. No new shit for me I'll tell ya that. I'm done. Trades maybe, but nothing is just showing up anymore. Out the door is more like it once the economy picks up.

When are you thinking of doing this trip? I am stuck most weekends through the middle of February on a recording gig.

No idea yet but a weekday is not out of the question. After getting snowed in and missing yet another ampfest the wife has already given the green light for a field trip.

I want a Plexi amp and I am not going to go through multiple old marshalls to find the one, a PM is one option but I have to try Trace's stuff first.

I throw some dates at ya soon.

Open invitation You are more than welcome to come to the shop. All we ask is to please give me a heads-up so that I make certain I am here and also set aside to time to spend with you.

Danhops If you want the amp to be smoother it's easily done, jut bring it up with you and we'll dial it in to your tastes (IE: you can play on it while we tweak it).

Custom Mods We are happy to customize most anything we manufacture and the same goes with Modifications to other manufacture's amplifiers.

NYC AMP SHOW We will be exhibiting at the NYC Amp Show so by all means stop by, hang out and we can also have dinner after the show.

Have a great New Years Eve!
Trace

There ya go Dan, we can bring the amp up some some tweeking :thumbsup: I am looking at maybe puying a V-Plex soon and may want some work done as well, have to see how the funds are.

There are minimal changes to make the V-Rock smoother feeling so it would be pretty cheap (if there was any charge at all).

Have a great day!
Trace

Back