Triaxis quad 2:90 3 voicing switching question

jlbaxe

Anyone have a Triaxis mated with a 2:90 or similar Mesa amp with the jacks in the back for 1/2 power, modern etc features? How is the tone compared to a quad preamp or Mesa Mk series amp?

Is there a way to switch the 2:90 amp features without a triaxis? Like using a RJM amp switcher?

Might just get a 2:90 or coliseum rack amp for w/d/w setup and wondering how to change the 3 voicings levels, deep, modern and half drive.

Currently I have a MkIII purple stripe (1x12 spk) running slave out into H9-alter ego v2-timeline Stereo out to synergy 50/50 - 2 Friedman ported cubes EVM 12L BLS 300w

Have a Syn2 coming this week. Right now I’m running the Syn1 4 cable through the Mesa MkIII (SLO or Metropolus Plexi) Mesa clean syn1 as drive channels.

jlbaxe":nersbu0h said:
Anyone have a Triaxis mated with a 2:90 or similar Mesa amp with the jacks in the back for 1/2 power, modern etc features? How is the tone compared to a quad preamp or Mesa Mk series amp?

I have a Triaxis/2:90 setup. Quad and Mark series tone are in there, with the provision that the dynamic voice is much less versatile than the Mesa graphic eq.

Is there a way to switch the 2:90 amp features without a triaxis? Like using a RJM amp switcher?

Yes. Don't remember at the moment if the switches are momentary/toggle but any proper switch or footswitch will do.

Might just get a 2:90 or coliseum rack amp for w/d/w setup and wondering how to change the 3 voicings levels, deep, modern and half drive.

That would work with a RJM box.

Thanks. I figured a RJM mini amp switcher might do the trick. Now I have to decide if I buy a new 2:90 or the 4 space 300w monster I found :doh:

I'd get a 2:90. I made a lot of rehearsals/small venues with a 4 space SKB rack : Triaxis/2:90/TC G-Force. Very convenient. The 2:90 sounds great and is enough for any situation you could think of.

Jack Luminous":1zruk0gd said:
I'd get a 2:90. I made a lot of rehearsals/small venues with a 4 space SKB rack : Triaxis/2:90/TC G-Force. Very convenient. The 2:90 sounds great and is enough for any situation you could think of.

2:90 is probably what I’m getting. I have my eye on a coliseum 300 :doh: just to have it. I don’t play out anymore, just for the basement :LOL: :LOL:

Back