Tried this at TGP, got no help....Digitech JamMan

The_Kid

I'm looking to buy a Digitech JamMan from my buddy. He's a good guy, treats his stuff well, so I dont have worries there.....he has had it a few years, but only taken it out of the box maybe a handful of times.

Initially the power supply didnt work, took it to Guitar Center to help ID if its the unit or power supply. It was the power supply so I bought a universal one that powered it up at the store (and at home).

Got it setup at home to experiment, and I think I'm doing everything right after RTFM, but i'm not getting any input into the unit.

My signal goes Guitar (tried 2 of them) > JamMan 1/4" (tried Mic/XLR as well) > Powered wedge. Neither the guitar or the mic inputs will light the input trim light when maxed out. Acoustic volumes all the way up...nothing. Screaming in an SM58, nothing.

When connected to the powered wedge, I can get the metronome 'rhythm' counter to come through, but its silent until i get to almost 1:00 on the dial, and even maxed out and my wedge almost maxed out, it wouldnt overpower an acoustic being strummed.

Is there something I'm missing in setup or my expectation of this unit? I cleared Loop 1, and was starting from scratch, but followed their 'Quick Start' guide....

Any help, thanks!

I don't have a JamMan but I used to have a Digitech RP250 when starting out. My first thought was 'Oh No, only use Digitech power adapters but it seems power is not your problem. BUT - It is possible that a power issue, surge, mismatch, etc DID fry something. Seems the unit is fried. Sorry about that but hopefully it is not. Assuming you've tried any reset steps?

Last edited:
Agree with Splawndude, sounds like whatever messed up the power supply may have messed up something internal.
A few thoughts to try if you haven’t:
- Have you tried plugging something (like an iPhone) into the Aux Input to see if anything plays through that path?
- Anything come out of the headphone Jack?
- Is the wedge set for Line level input or instrument level?

I believe there's a way to do a factory reset on them. It may be unrelated, but it won't hurt to try. Do a Google search, or it may be in the manual.

Appreciate the responses.

I havent tried a reset, i'll look into that as nothing important is stored on it.

My wedge is set for line, same as when I plug my Helix/Play Acoustic directly into it and those are both more than potent volume wise, so I dont think that is it. I also have not tried the Aux input yet, but that was a thought...I just ran out of time.

Back