Trying to create a hybrid rig with HX Effects and Revolt

pink_data_jr

I've contemplated creating a new hybrid analog/digital rig using the Line6 HX Effects with the ReVolt in the FX loop. I plan on keeping the cabsim off and using the the IR loader on the HX with post-amp effects in stereo from where I'll send both outputs directly to FOH. Will this work (not too sure since the ReVolt just came out)?

Hi @pink_data_jr

Ross from Two notes here! Thanks for reaching out. In this setup it would be best to send the signal from ReVolt directly into the HX FX as you are only planning on using Post Amp FX and the cab-sim. Alternatively, if you wanted to use the Analog Cab Sim on ReVolt, we would suggest adding the HX FX to ReVolt's FX loop, however your resultant signal to FOH would not be Stereo here.

Please let me know if this help and if there is anything else I can help to clarify, dont hesitate to reach out!

Kind regards,

Ross

Hey Ross, thanks for your response! I think i forgot to clarify that I also want to have a drive and compressor before it hits the front of the amp (also from the HX Effects). What would I need to do to accommodate this

Hi @pink_data_jr

Thanks for getting back to me. You would simply need to put ReVolt in the HXFX's FX Loop and configure in the HX FX at what point in your signal chain you want the FX loop to be placed. Let me know if there is anything else I can clarify for you here!

Kind regards,

Ross

Back