Tweaker 15 Tube Rolling

Axisman5150

Alright, I've been playing my Tweaker 15 since I bought it used back in May and it sounds very good. I've played it through my various Egnater cabs,(Rebel 1x12,TM 2x12, oversized 1x12) It sounds great through all of them.

Since I had time to kill and a box full of tubes, I'd thought I would change out some of the stock tubes and see If I can squeeze out a little more character out of it. Just changing V1 to a Ruby AC5 gave it more lowend had a nice bloom to the tone but felt it had a little too much lowend. Put in a Tung-Sol and it's still there. It had an overall balanced tone much clearer than the stock tube. I didn't have any extra JJ803 or JJ83's and was too lazy to pull them out of my other amps but the Tung-sol will do just fine.

Now for the Power Tubes. The stock 6v6 are fine but since the Tweaker 15 can take different power tubes and I had a few pairs laying around why not. First was EH 6CA7, very nice! Gave the amp more clean headroom, nice topend and a nice lowend similar to a 6l6. I was happy with that change but wanted to try a pair of 5881's and after a couple of chords quickly went back to the EH 6CA7's. It's supposed to be a mix between a 6l6 and EL34 which is perfect for this amp with the 3 tonestacks.

Back