Tweaker 40 and 112x cab?

Sure. If you push that amp really hard for a while, like almost diming the volume, then you'll likely blow the speaker. Might ride fine for quite a while though.

Those celestions can take a beating.

Always a risk if the wattage output is greater than that of speaker wattage.

Thanks for you info. I Guess my next question would be is there a 112 Tweaker cab rated for the Tweaker 40? I have seen sites sell the 40 head with a 112 cab as a package.

veets987":gznwn70h said:
Thanks for you info. I Guess my next question would be is there a 112 Tweaker cab rated for the Tweaker 40? I have seen sites sell the 40 head with a 112 cab as a package.

Yeah, not good in my opinion. The tweaker 40 combo has a special designed 50 watt speaker in it. So I'm sure Bruce would not endorse the 40 head with the standard 112 cab/30 watt speaker.

Best you could do if you really like the cab, is do a speaker swap. Or pick up two cabs!!!!

Good luck.

The Tweaker 1x12 cab is designed to go with the Tweaker 40 head. I've been using that combination for over a year and it's the best one I've ever had in 50 years of playing. I've had Fenders, Boogies, etc but this is the sh*&^t.
I did just have the Power Transformer blow (on a gig) but now that it's replaced i'm happy again.
The tweaker 1x12 cab has a Celestion G12H30 which will handle the the Tweaker 40 watt just fine with no compromise. That's how they deisgned it so don't worry about it.

A speaker functions by electrical sine wave powering an electo magnet. On & off interacting with speaker magnet. Coverts electricity to air movement . Transducer principal.
High power & high spl are not the common causes of speaker failure.
#1 is a clipped sine wave turning electricity into higher heat levels and melting adhesives.
A low powered shoddy amp will blow more speakers than a high powered quality amp.
Other causes are dirty house current. Failing yet working O/T's. Wimpy speaker cables have killed many a speaker. and GOT AWAY with it!!

Awesome thanks for the replys everyone!!! Great info. I also have a Renegade head. Could that also be used with that cab? Im guessing i can run it at 18 watts with no issue... No sure it would sound all that great out of a 112 cab....

Back