Tweaker 88 circuit question

chuckywhiskers

Hi,

I'm working on a Tweaker 88 that I just purchased in non-working condition. I'm an amp tech. I found a schematic online that matches the circuit of the amp. The issue is a missing resistor in the preamp that seems to have been removed, as well as a thermistor that may have a slight crack. Simple enough fix... but then I saw something weird when I compared this amp to several other identical amps...

While digging around inside, I found what appeared to be missing components from the preamp circuit. There is an optocoupler that seems to have been eliminated from the circuit, as well as a resistor and a connecting pair of wires to the power amp circuit (namely U4, and the wires connecting CN10 and CN11). Can someone please explain why these seem to not be present in any of the amplifiers, yet are very present in the PCB and the schematic? Is my amp going to blow up if I install these components?

Hi,

I'm working on a Tweaker 88 that I just purchased in non-working condition. I'm an amp tech. I found a schematic online that matches the circuit of the amp. The issue is a missing resistor in the preamp that seems to have been removed, as well as a thermistor that may have a slight crack. Simple enough fix... but then I saw something weird when I compared this amp to several other identical amps...

While digging around inside, I found what appeared to be missing components from the preamp circuit. There is an optocoupler that seems to have been eliminated from the circuit, as well as a resistor and a connecting pair of wires to the power amp circuit (namely U4, and the wires connecting CN10 and CN11). Can someone please explain why these seem to not be present in any of the amplifiers, yet are very present in the PCB and the schematic? Is my amp going to blow up if I install these components?
Just ask y legs have shins.

Back