Twin Jet cab, 16 0hm?

moronmountain

So what's the answer? Anyone have info/specs on the new cabinet that pairs up with the Twin Jet? I read it was front loaded. Is this true? Does it have a sealed back as well or? Any info would be appreciated.

moronmountain":89wn9rrp said:
So what's the answer? Anyone have info/specs on the new cabinet that pairs up with the Twin Jet? I read it was front loaded. Is this true? Does it have a sealed back as well or? Any info would be appreciated.
All I've heard so far with certainty is that it's front loaded with an X pattern of V30s and G12T-75s.

I called Bogner recently about this.

New cabs are 16 ohms.
Front loaded
Back is NOT sealed. Screwed in just like the others.

Yeah too bad it's not sealed. It basically sounds like one of their regular cabs (not that there's anything wrong with them per se), but with the speakers loaded from the front. Oh well, thanks for the info.

mhenson42":14u9wz4n said:
thegame":14u9wz4n said:
Back is NOT sealed. Screwed in just like the others.

:thumbsdown:

I don't think its a bad thing that its not sealed, as that method isn't necessarily superior in and of itself, but I was expecting a total redesign according to what the Twin Jet promo videos let me to believe.

Well it may not necessarily be "better" to have a sealed back, but it's much cleaner and makes sense with a front loaded cab.

Tone Merchant":2v15k7b0 said:
the new front loaded cab is dramatically more open and aggressive sounding. I love it :rock:

I'm sure it does, but I still think it would have been "cleaner" looking to have a sealed back. There's something I love about a sealed cab. :yes:

moronmountain":u7u97gm5 said:
Tone Merchant":u7u97gm5 said:
the new front loaded cab is dramatically more open and aggressive sounding. I love it :rock:

I'm sure it does, but I still think it would have been "cleaner" looking to have a sealed back. There's something I love about a sealed cab. :yes:

Who's lookin' at the back??

Jay Strange":23i4opzs said:
moronmountain":23i4opzs said:
Tone Merchant":23i4opzs said:

One only needs to listen to a VHT/Fryette cab or an old Hiwatt to wonder if there is something to having a sealed back cab. To answer your question....I am looking. ;)

moronmountain":3vj7u98i said:
Jay Strange":3vj7u98i said:
moronmountain":3vj7u98i said:
Tone Merchant":3vj7u98i said:

One only needs to listen to a VHT/Fryette cab or an old Hiwatt to wonder if there is something to having a sealed back cab. To answer your question....I am looking. ;)

How are those Fryette Fatbottom cabs?

Jay Strange":34vvjo28 said:
moronmountain":34vvjo28 said:
Jay Strange":34vvjo28 said:
moronmountain":34vvjo28 said:
Tone Merchant":34vvjo28 said:

I've only played the Deliverance cab which is supposed to be a little less stiff than the FB, but they are pretty close to the same design. The D cab has a little less bracing than the FB. I've been playing my VHT through a Marshall cab for years, and while it sounds good, it will "fart" out at higher volumes. I went and A/B'd a D cab with a Marshall cab using a VHT Deliverance, and WOW! HUGE difference.

moronmountain":3vupayuq said:
Jay Strange":3vupayuq said:
Jay Strange":3vupayuq said:
Tone Merchant":3vupayuq said:

I've only played the Deliverance cab which is supposed to be a little less stiff than the FB, but they are pretty close to the same design. The D cab has a little less bracing than the FB. I've been playing my VHT through a Marshall cab for years, and while it sounds good, it will "fart" out at higher volumes. I went and A/B'd a D cab with a Marshall cab using a VHT Deliverance, and WOW! HUGE difference.

How are those speakers that come with the VHT Fry cabs?
I've heard those are the bomb!
FYI I have a Fry Fatbottom 4X12 in route!
'm hoping it will provide a nice tight fat/low end as well
as great disspertion.
Thanks for the reply!!!!

I just picked up the TJ and the UberKab earlier in the week. It's closed back 4x12 X patterned with GT75's and V30's and it's rated at 16 ohms. Not sure if this varies from cab to cab, it all pends on the speakers available - whether they're 4ohm, 8ohm, or 16ohm. Doesn't really change the sound or anything though.

Hope this answers your question??

V.

Ventura":3558k6ub said:
I just picked up the TJ and the UberKab earlier in the week. It's closed back 4x12 X patterned with GT75's and V30's and it's rated at 16 ohms. Not sure if this varies from cab to cab, it all pends on the speakers available - whether they're 4ohm, 8ohm, or 16ohm. Doesn't really change the sound or anything though.

Hope this answers your question??

V.

Are you happy with the cab??
Does it stay tight on the low end with the TJ??
Thanks!

Well it's hard to say right now - it's had maybe 5 hours of play on it and I'm not one to crank things up immediately without a proper break-in period. From what I CAN tell you, I'll list it off:
- the cab is very directional at lower to mid volumes, meaning the sound changes when in front of it than beside, above, or slightly off its direct sonic axis. This is NOT 3D sounding, but honestly, this is probably only due to the lower volume levels - I've heard it before with cabs...
- the direct sound from the cab at mid volumes is very midrange peaked and almost harsh...it required a good lot of time on the EQ of the head to sort this out. This will change once the speakers break in, as I've heard this before many a time.
- I am glad the GT's are in there as opposed to all V30's - they add a thick, rich, almost FAT mid all the way to low end punch that sounds great and evens out the peakiness of the V30's
- Alright, with gain dimed and depth and bass up there as well, this thing holds its own...it's a bit loose, but I am comparing with my Diezel VH4S and Diezel 4x12 G12K100 loaded cab - that combo is almost surgically tight, if that makes sense. So is the UberKab tight? Yes. It offers also a little play to give the sound some liveliness and character.
- In Drop C tuning (yep, almost baritone), with gain, depth, bass all in the higher registers, it pounds! I have yet to get this thing into the 2 o'clock range of volume, I want to break it in (ya ya, said it before) but it really maintains...so far so good. V.

Cont...

The key to the cabinet IMHO is the X pattern of V30's and GT75's. I think that's what makes this cab shine... The cab is built well, and is heavy. The TJ and the cab matched up sound awesome given right EQ settings - having heard this in a live setting, and in a studio on "LOUD", it's awesome, low and punchy, thick, and focused - hence the reason I bought this new rig.

If you're considering it, just do it. I think you'll love it - I wrote in some other thread that marketing is just that, but there is something to some amps being matched to their desired cabinets, and in the case of the TJ and the UberKab, I've heard it at near-sonic levels, and it was bloody fantastic. So rather than mince over this cab and that cab and this speaker and that speaker, I just signed up and said give both of 'em to me.

The key to this combo is the head's EQ settings... The key to the cab (thus far to my knowledge) is proper break in, and then fire it up and let it breath. I bought this rig knowing what it sounded like in advance, and in several high volume, low and high capacity venues - it R O C K E D!!! Low end and all.

Merry Xmas,
V. :salute:

Dude, much thanks for the helpful review!!!
I agree with you about matching heads with cabs.
ESPECIALLY with the Twin Jet.
Can't wait!! :thumbsup:

Jay

Back