Two Notes Torpedo Live or C.A.B. M?

Dimebag11

If I don’t have the “need” for a reactive load, is there any advantage the torpedo live has over the CAB M?

I dont know for a fact, but I think you are correct the cab/m is the live minus the reactive load. So if you dont need load, the cabm should do you just fine.

The Cab M has a XLR out which the Live doesn't. So if you don't need the load the Cab M is actually a better purchase.

I'm not much of a two notes fan but if you really don't need a load box then cabm for sure. You can always get a different load box later on down the road too. Have you checked out the Torpedo captor X? I think it has the best of both worlds and compact. Worth looking into.

I just sold my C.A.B. M because I'm planning to pick up the Captor X.
The C.A.B. M is great. I used it at a couple of gigs. My use was for running a signal to front of house that I could tweak separate from my amp on stage.
Ultimately, I wanted to have my stage volume to be somewhat independent of what I sent to the FOH. The ability to choose IR's and add effects was really cool too. I found a stock 4x12 cab and sprinkled a little reverb in and I was golden.

I don't "need" the load box... but I figure it can't hurt. If I can push my amp harder at small venue friendly volumes while still getting everything the CAB M gave me... Why the heck not???

Hope that helps a little.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Back