Two Notes VTS Mystery

rjmajor323

Hi All,

I tried to google this before posting a question like this but I cant seem to find a straight answer.

Im currently on an M1 Macbook Air with Adobe Audition installed. Ive got Two Notes remote installed and I downloaded all of the VSTs for Mac OS (I do not know the difference between them). The Two-Notes firmware is updated to the latest and when I open up the Torpedo Remote it is getting an input signal but I couldn't get any sound out of the Mac. It doesn't show any output preferences of any kind on the Mac to let it play back through speakers. I kind of gave up on that and figured I would at least try to see if it would record in Adobe Audition since I pay for the Creative Cloud license and I do not know what other DAW would be useful that doesn't cost a fortune.

I eventually figured out how to load the VSTs in Audition, and when selecting any of them loads the Wall of Sound app arcade thing but this doesn't seem to pickup any input at all. I double checked that remote is showing input from the Amp when I strum. To clarify im doing this all over USB, I do not have an XLR plugged into a mixer or DI, I want to do this all over USB. I figure if it is getting an input signal in the Remote app this should work with the VST. Adobe also doesn't let me select the VST as the recording device, it keeps wanting to pickup the damn Macbook microphone and if I turn it off it acts like ive given it no input method at all even though the VST is loaded in the effects rack. I think there should be someway to force the Two Notes to act as a direct input device in system preferences but it doesn't.

Maybe im going about this all wrong and there is a simpler way. Im just looking to record a few tracks, I don't need a giant recording setup and this is getting to be extremely frustrating. I also want to avoid having to use XLR and a DI, otherwise the USB port is pointless in my opinion. Garageband doesn't pickup the Two-Notes and has no option for loading a VST that I can find or any way to force the Two Notes as an input method.

Any guidance anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Couple things:
System preferences, for your Mac, make sure your input/output are routed correctly.
I'm not familiar with Audition, but it too will have routing paramters that need sorting out ADOBE AUDITION SETUP ON MAC
VST are fairly universal formats across all platforms (Virtual Studio Technology), AU (Audio Units) is Mac platform specific.
First thing you need to do is make sure your MacbookAir (I use one too, with 2 CaptorX units) is connected to Captor via USB cable
Power it up
Then on MBA, open TorpedoRemote
TorpedoRemote will seek the Captor unit connected and should prompt for connection
Upon connection prompt it'll ask you to log into your TwoNotes account to access your Captor or CaptorX

I just realized you're not mentioning anything about what you're plugging your guitar into...or the like.

What are you using for an audio interface?? Pray tell you're using an interface to go from TS cable of the guitar, to USB into the MacbookAir?? TorpedoRemote is software that cnnects the CaptorX unit to your computer and then from there ports it to the DAW of your choice (in your case, Audition). VST aren't necessary to play your guitar through an interface/CaptorX - you just need to arm a track within your Adobe Audition.

Help me fill in the blanks here.
I'll do my best.
Mo

Just to be clear, the USB (and/or Bluetooth) connection is SOLELY there to interface your TorpedoRemote software with the hardware of the Captor/CaptorX/Two-Notes "box". The USB/BT connection is what has TorpedoRemote handshake with the Two-Notes device in order to load the interface and all its parameters on your MBA, or iPad or iPhone, etc.

The only sound you'll get out of it with "using just a USB" will be through the headphone jack on the front, or with a thru-cable going to the cabinet and using it as an attenuator with the toggle switch located on the back. If using solely as an attenuator, you can't change the sound of your amp with TorpedoRemote, it simply "attenuates". However, if you're using your headphone jack on the unit, you CAN use TorpedoRemote to modify all sorts of paramters - everything...that then comes out of your headphones.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Why not use Garage band instead of Adobe Audition? It's included with the mac and free. Seriously. The Audition program is basically an audio cleaner, not a DAW. On top of that, Adobe isn't exactly known for audio production.

Try Garageband and see how it works.

Back