Uli Roth's Influence on YJM

First lesson didn’t go well
F8027C48-ED09-4F5D-95B1-3103AE29F153.png

If you read his Auto-Biog he says he's not influenced by them. If you read the unofficial Biog it states he was obsessed with Uli and Blackmore. People tell stories of him copying these guys heavily in the late 70s in Sweden, buying the clothes, amp, guitars, scalloping etc.

The only guitarists that he openly compliments are guitarists that are far from his world. Like Al De Meola and Alan Holdsworth.

If you read his Auto-Biog he says he's not influenced by them. If you read the unofficial Biog it states he was obsessed with Uli and Blackmore. People tell stories of him copying these guys heavily in the late 70s in Sweden, buying the clothes, amp, guitars, scalloping etc.

The only guitarists that he openly compliments are guitarists that are far from his world. Like Al De Meola and Alan Holdsworth.

I was just watching Alcatraz 84' in Japan and Yngwie has a feather hanging off his guitar in a few of the songs just like his good buddy Uli. It is one of those " tell me you are a Uli fan without telling me you are a Uli fan"

Back